How much for a standard tyre? (W203)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bugblatter

Car
2005 Jaguar X Type 2.0D SE
There's a nail in my rear offside tyre. How much can I expect to part with at the stealer's?

As long as it's not in the side wall or very close to it then get the puncture repaired. Cost you about £15.

Wouldn't recommend for motorcycle tyres but have had car tyres repaired before and never had any problems with it.

Guy

Gizmo750 said:
As long as it's not in the side wall or very close to it then get the puncture repaired. Cost you about £15.

Wouldn't recommend for motorcycle tyres but have had car tyres repaired before and never had any problems with it.

Guy

It's close to the side wall. I have had a look at a web site called blackcircles.com the price for a Goodyear NCT3 195/65 R15 is £56 fitted and there's a fitter 2 mins from where I live.

Tyres have done 18k miles. Should I replace both?

Wouldn't go to the Main Mercedes Dealer though.

Kwik Fit, ATS will charge about £110 for a decent make Pirreli etc shop around and get it for about £80

Costco are good for Tyres normally Michelins only, will be about £80

Here a couple of online tyre dealer http://www.mytyres.net/Tyres.html - http://www.topgear.co.uk/

Get your local fast fit place to fit em for a fiver each. Or just get a idea of prices ;)

Agree with Aletank that the dealers is not the best place to go for tyres. Both the online addresses are good pointers as to price.

I got about 25,000 miles out of the rear Goodyears on my CLK320 so at 18k you have some time left - guess it depends how flush you are feeling. At that price (£56) I would be tempted to do both - mine are more like £150 each :mad:

Guy

Thanks for the advice and quick responses. :)

I think it's two rears at £56 a piece. I'll be driving to the south west of Ireland in a few weeks so better to be on the safe side.

I would normally say to avoid the stealership for tyres, however the last two times i changed tyres they turned out to be the cheapest.

Bugblatter said:
There's a nail in my rear offside tyre. How much can I expect to part with at the stealer's?

Hi I Know your in leeds so this may not help but i swear by http://www.micheldever.co.uk i have just swapped avon zz1 in 245/40/18 ZR for pirelli p zero asymetrico x 4 fitted and full 4 four wheel alignment for £630

well chuffed. :bannana:

kenny

p.s the avons had only done 9k but were sooooooo crap they had to go, but they are very very hardwearing

Would have recommended Micheldever myself as that's where me and the wife go for car and motorcycle tyres. They really are head and shoulders above anyone else round here.

However, being in Leeds it doesn't really help to know there is a great place in Winchester!!!

Still, never hurts to give Micheldever a mention just in case anyone who is a little closer hasn't found them yet.

Guy

Just my two peneth
Which tyres wear more quickly.Front or rears ?

Tan said:
I would normally say to avoid the stealership for tyres, however the last two times i changed tyres they turned out to be the cheapest.
Tan is correct! Always try the stealership for tyres, they can come up with some great deals sometimes!

Fronts wear more quickly. When i change two tyres, i always put the two old ones on the rear, just to give a bit more time out of them...

Aletank said:
Wouldn't go to the Main Mercedes Dealer though.

Kwik Fit, ATS will charge about £110 for a decent make Pirreli etc shop around and get it for about £80

Costco are good for Tyres normally Michelins only, will be about £80

Here a couple of online tyre dealer http://www.mytyres.net/Tyres.html - http://www.topgear.co.uk/

Get your local fast fit place to fit em for a fiver each. Or just get a idea of prices ;)
Costco actually have a deal on just now . IM sure its something daft like £35 off thats either per tyre of if you buy 4 , can't quite remember

fuzzer said:
Costco actually have a deal on just now . IM sure its something daft like £35 off thats either per tyre of if you buy 4 , can't quite remember

I was just in Costco this morning and you get £35 off this week per set of four. 195/65 15VR MIchelin Primacy are £56 +VAT, fitted and balanced. Not bad at all.

alloam said:
I was just in Costco this morning and you get £35 off this week per set of four. 195/65 15VR MIchelin Primacy are £56 +VAT, fitted and balanced. Not bad at all.

mytyres.co.uk:

Michelin***
Summer tyres Pilot PRIMACY
195/65 R15 91V

£60.70 each including VAT and shipping.

That is for the V rated (150mph) rather than the H (130mph).

works out the same as Costco, except that if you also had to join costco you can add £25 onto the price ;) :p

Price from stealer £63 so I took it there cause they do a free taxi service and I wanted them to look at this at the same time.

Only thing is they have stopped the free taxi service, doh!

Anyway it was only a few quid more than the indy and they say they have fixed the warning messages thing under warranty, as well. :)

P.S. BIG thanks to everyone who took the trouble to respond :D

P.P.S. They confirmed that the other tyre is fine and does not need replacing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom