How much must this have cost?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not quite sure who you are to define "excessive" and "unnecessary"in this instance..I feel sure that Alex was admiring the vehicle in terms of an engineering exercise and what has been achieved..

Yep. The thought of looking at the car from the cost perspective never even crossed my mind.

I would imagine the complete opposite really - IMO the people who spend the "real" big bucks on things like this done in the correct fashion are the least likely to shout about it, its the back street remap bodgers who are the worst.

^ This exactly. The engineering looks amazing. I would expect a lot on here spend excessive amounts on cars - whether it's unnecessary is in the eye of the spender. I don't think its a look at me car at all- not like the Lambos et al that get shouted about on The Tube of You.

Of course it didn't.....

Can't get me out of your head, hey ;-)

Why don't you show some of your tasteful and exciting car projects that you've completed.

You're not just a keyboard warrior Scott_F, right?

I'm glad I didn't spend too long reading the entire thread just to find out there wasn't actually much discussed about the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny how a few on this forum get wound up by how much others spend on cars in whatever respect.

Beats me... spend as much as you want and I'll happily watch the results.

I won't be spending that much dosh so interesting to see what can be achieved!

That's what being a true petrol-head is all about...

That looks to be a mega job. Obviously completely mad but it's always fun reading about cars like this. I wonder at what point it stops spinning its wheels!

I have nothing but respect for the people who built the project and for the person who commissioned it. My initial comment about the cost was one of genuine interest no other issue as it is obviously a superb piece of engineering work.

Can't get me out of your head, hey ;-)

Why don't you show some of your tasteful and exciting car projects that you've completed.

You're not just a keyboard warrior Scott_F, right?

No, I'm just someone who has a very different perspective to you Alex, right ?

I have nothing but respect for the people who built the project and for the person who commissioned it. My initial comment about the cost was one of genuine interest no other issue as it is obviously a superb piece of engineering work.

I agree, it is amazing work. I don't know that I would have used an original Black Series though. Interesting as well that in terms of huge engine mega buck builds in the States 1000hp won't raise much of an eyebrow . Witness the 2/3000 hp monsters that'll do 6 or 7 second quarter miles and get driven 1000 miles between dragstrips towing trailers. No it's the concept and the engineering that's interesting on this build and the usability.

I agree, it is amazing work. I don't know that I would have used an original Black Series though. Interesting as well that in terms of huge engine mega buck builds in the States 1000hp won't raise much of an eyebrow . Witness the 2/3000 hp monsters that'll do 6 or 7 second quarter miles and get driven 1000 miles between dragstrips towing trailers. No it's the concept and the engineering that's interesting on this build and the usability.
I totally agree, choice of a Black Series made me wonder. I’d have preferred it to have been done on a CL65 that way all the tooling and set up costs would have been absorbed in the first prototype making it easier and a bit cheaper for anyone following on.

V12 twin turbo
4 Matic
C Class Body

Never mind the cost....whoever came up with the idea initially well hats off to them. And if someone can afford to do it then why not.....plenty people P*ss it up the wall or put it up there nose.....so if you want to spend it on your car making something unique then why not......I would say Alex is making a truly unique car (having followed his thread) and learned to weld and do it all himself...now that's a true enthusiast.

I'm not on here to make enemies, only friends. Agreeing to disagree on this one, Scott_F?

No, I'm just someone who has a very different perspective to you Alex, right ?

Scott_F I think it is safe to say, you have a different perspective to most on this Thread. Although i can't Help but Think, you have been Fishing the whole time, but failed to get the Bite you were after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom