How not to drive an R8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would have thought, given the occasion, that if the insurers were aware of the footage they would at least raise the matter of contributory negligence, if not invoke the clause (if there is one - all my insurance schedules have it) - that specifically states, or has words to the effect that, the insured vehicle is not covered for any sort of competition.

Many insurers - mine included specifically mention 'meets' as being excluded from cover.

Such a shame for the R8.. You can see how money doesn't equal ability..! Possibly the driver in question should invest in something with less power?

Probably very much a case of too much right boot at the wrong time or on a slippery road surface but I can see how it happens.

The modern electronics on modern cars don't always get it right and don't work well with unexpected human inputs. Always has been the case with ABS.....push the pedal to the floor & hold it there to let the electronics do their work. If you ease off the pedal the system is confused & it all falls down.

Remember doing a Jaguar/EVO launch day at Millbrook a few years back for the F Type. One of the sessions was to demonstrate their torque vectoring system. They coned it out and said to accelerate up to the 1st cone & keep the throttle pinned at 45mph. Then turn in with no brake round the coned bend keeping the 45mph all the way round letting the rear diff sort itself out to stop you from crashing. It worked really well but a leap of faith not to correct your line or apply any brakes.

Interfere & it goes wrong. I suspect this may have been the case possibly with this R8.

Oh dear......
Another Useless Driver Inside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom