How to buy good absorbers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxima

Car
W211
I think I am going to need all 4 absorbers replaced (the car isnt too stable at over 100 mph and I didnt change them for several years. I am going to drive to Germany couple of times - want go over 120).

How to save money on the parts?

I see there are quite a few 'replacement' brands not MB branded. Is it worth to try them? Any particular brand you guys can recommend?

Or shall I stick with MB branded only?

Sachs would be my choice.

Are you sure the shocks are the issue?

I fitted sachs shocks & springs to the rear of my w211 e320cdi with sport suspension. Got them at a cheap price also

Inchcape quotes 150 each..

I am not sure of course - whether the problem with the shocks only or something else. However I made probably 20-30K without changing them.. So my guess is that they have to be changed anyway..

But I think its the best to do the obvious and see whats else.. What do you suggest?

ECP have 30% off for us, and they do KYB gas ones for around £35 from memory (after discount), thats what I will be doing shortly for the rears on my car, about a tenner more for Bilstein.

I am not sure of course - whether the problem with the shocks only or something else. However I made probably 20-30K without changing them.. So my guess is that they have to be changed anyway..
Dampers will not be worn out in 20-30k miles, they should last over 100k miles before being worn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom