how to change car language

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommi200

Car
CL500 -yr2005
Have 05 cl500 - phone prewiring for an old nokia 6310i -- I know its a brick but I think its a grt phone and works fine for me. Just found out a feature recently when a text arrived whilst I was in a traffic jam. Flicked into the command page to see the text and notice a soft key that said "read". -- thought this was to allow scrolling down the screen but instead the car read the text to me -- only it was in german. Ive been to the screen that sets navi and language and its all in english. have a lovely "sally traffic" reading navi messages to me.
How do I set the car to stop reading phone messages in german? the car doesnt have linguatronic.
thanks

Tell it WE won the war!!!

Seriously, this stuff I know nothing about. But be patient and someone will surely be along to help you.

Bumping this up in the spirit of helping the newbies along. Does no one know how to help Tommi200?

IIRC it is not a simple change of setting you need to either reprogram eith STAR or change the voice module itself, one or the other.

Email Alfie or Richard and they will be able to tell you for sure.

thanks Bellow for raising the stake on my behalf and to npuk for some contacts. as soon as my post count is up I'll drop the guys a line
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom