How to disable side mirror auto-adjusting in Reverse (W213)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LJR

Car
E220d (W213)
Hello

Picked up my E class yesterday. Something which is already starting to bug me is the passenger side wing mirror doing that 'point at the floor' adjustment when putting the car into reverse. In my last car I could disable that (as I really don't like that feature). However here it seems I cannot globally disable it and am resorted to tapping the driver-side wing mirror selection button to put the passenger side mirror back to the normal position.

Am I missing an adjustment setting somewhere? Can this be disabled?

Thanks

Usually one leaves the mirror adjustment button selecting the driver's mirror.

If you can't disable the function how about adjusting the reverse position to the same as the normal position?

Funny you say that as it's exactly what I was considering doing, but just wanted to find out if it could be disabled. I've never had a vehicle with this feature where it couldn't be just turned off.

If the switch is turned to the drivers mirror, the passenger mirror should not adjust on reverse.

Reactions: LJR
Funny you say that as it's exactly what I was considering doing, but just wanted to find out if it could be disabled. I've never had a vehicle with this feature where it couldn't be just turned off.

Its under the memory functions, however it will also switch off the steering wheel rising as you exit aswell.

Reactions: LJR
If the switch is turned to the drivers mirror, the passenger mirror should not adjust on reverse.
Ah okay, I'll try that!

Its under the memory functions, however it will also switch off the steering wheel rising as you exit aswell.
I thought the steering wheel rising was tied to the Easy Entry/Exit function. Is that what you're referring to? Disabling that setting?

If you look in the online manual for W213 and search under Mirror, you get the below. Which in summary says you need to not have the passenger mirror selected. I.e press the button for the driver's mirror setting.

The passenger outside mirror tilts downwards and shows the rear wheel on the front passenger side rear wheel if:
  • the parking position is stored
  • the passenger mirror is selected
  • and the reverse gear is engaged
The passenger outside mirror moves back to its original position in the following situations:
  • if you shift the transmission to another transmission position
  • if you drive faster than 15 km/h
  • if you press the button for the outside mirror on the driver's side

Yeah thanks. I just have the driver’s side selected and it’s all good.

Cheers for the pointers.

Yeah thanks. I just have the driver’s side selected and it’s all good.

Cheers for the pointers.

I'm just being nosey but wondering why you dislike the feature? I find it really useful.

I’ve never liked the feature in any car I’ve had it in. With the 360 cameras as well I just prefer having the normal line of sight you get from the off side mirror, but I can certainly understand why some do like the feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom