How to find out who owns a number plate (Private plate)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you post the number you like here , we could all look out for the owner !

Dont the DVLA sell the registerd address info to the parking enforcement companies ?

R

The government's cut is also quite big. VAT is charged (i've presumed included in the sale price) and unless you are VAT registered they don't have anything to claim back

So, 7995 ex VAT = 6952. So, basically 5k for you, 2k for them, 1k for inland revenue.

R

I thought the prices were generally + vat...i.e final sale price would be £7995 + vat....

New Reg have one of my numbers up for sale for £14k. They have no idea who owns the number and I do not want to sell it.

If you decide to pay a deposit on my number to New Reg, are they doing anything wrong with taking your money for a few weeks and then refunding it when they tell you that it is not for sale?

Depends what their small print says.
Perhaps they have priviledged information that lists owners addresses against numbers.
And then will contact you with a view to sell if some shows an interest.
Who knows?

So if you put up a list, and then ask for a deposit whilst you make enquiries and holding that deposit for say a month.
Then you refund the deposit saying sorry that number is no longer available or unobtainable, ok we throw some numbers in say 1000 enquiries putting in £500-£1000 deposits, even with interest rates as they are that would add up to a nice Brucie bonus.
Of course it doesn`t really happen like that does it.........Or does it!!

Hi

What about a wanted add in the Sunday Times motoring section???

I know my Aunt had a phone call offering her £5k for her plate off spec. Don't know how they got her details though

Maybe I should just pay it.

Would be nice to save a bit though, Don't think there is much chance of me legaly finding the owner..

Some good ideas though. Thanks all

Type the reg in here and you can see if it is already on a car but thats about it.

Funny, it doesn't find mine!!:rolleyes:

The government's cut is also quite big. VAT is charged (i've presumed included in the sale price) and unless you are VAT registered they don't have anything to claim back

So, 7995 ex VAT = 6952. So, basically 5k for you, 2k for them, 1k for inland revenue.

R

Nope the price are PLUS VAT.:(

mine was just under £1,000 then had to add VAT & fees from various web sites

its been a while but im sure i only paid £750 for it from DVLA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom