How to find VIN with registration plate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Khalid

Car
Mercedes W209 CLK350 Sport Auto
Hi Everyone,

I am planning on to buying a used Mercedes and instead of calling each owners and asking them silly questions, I would like to find the answers to my questions on my own.

I know that few months ago there was a trick in to finding the VIN thanks to the Reg number. All we had to do is to go to Mercedes website and simulate a Warranty Extension by entering the Reg and it would show you the car make model, date of first Reg and the VIN. But that does not work anymore, they do not display the VIN.:dk:

Any other trick to find the VIN with the Reg instead of calling and asking the seller?:eek:

Thanks!

Hi Mark and Bob,

These tricks dont work anymore. The mercedes and BMW website wont show the VIN now.

I think they have removed it on purpose to protect the VIN to be disclosed to the public.

Hi All,

I'll try to post this a few places, I have written an API tool that allows me to extract the VIN from the UKDVLA database. You just pop in the reg and I can interrogate the database to pull pretty much anything, from tyres to history and even value at auction. The recent GDPR Data Protection Laws have made all the existing systems out there obsolete, and I can meet the requirements a number of ways.

But, here's the catch, I need to pay each time I interrogate the database, but its pretty cheap, it works out about £0.25 (25p) for a full data pull.

I have also written the script which then pings the BMW database API and I can pull the full spec on the BMW in question, I have a BMW so naturally this is where I have put in the effort. This is particularly useful where you see a BMW you are interested in and the owner doesn't know what their car has made at the factory. Again, very comprehensive. I think I can do it for Ford and Seat too without too much hassle. I'll look at other manufacturers if there is an interest?

So here's the question, by way of a reply to this message, would anyone be willing to help me cover the costs for the hosting and API? I am happy to do all the programming myself for nothing, but I don't get excited about paying for something others will use on my dime.

Ideas/suggestions welcome? We can make this as simple or complex as we like, for now I can get a full factory spec on a BMW by popping in the reg number. Pretty neat.

Hey! My reg is DJV95Y, Land Rover series. Can someone please find my vin? The chassis was changed by the previous owner and didn’t record the vin anywhere!!!

Hey! My reg is DJV95Y, Land Rover series. Can someone please find my vin? The chassis was changed by the previous owner and didn’t record the vin anywhere!!!

SALLBCAG1AA164746

Hi, I was wondering whether you could possible find my VIN number from my old cars reg DK63VJD

SALLBCAG1AA164746
Hi, I've got the exact same problem. I've been banging my head against a wall trying to get the thing on the road.
If you could do the same thing for me that would solve all my problems and be very much appreciated.
Reg is NWR 563A
I'll happily PayPal or BACS you as many beers as you want!

Cheers,
Tom

Hi, I've got the exact same problem. I've been banging my head against a wall trying to get the thing on the road.
If you could do the same thing for me that would solve all my problems and be very much appreciated.
Reg is NWR 563A
I'll happily PayPal or BACS you as many beers as you want!

Cheers,
Tom

Seeing as it's Christmas....

All I get is 24104690 so hope that helps/is correct

Please can someone help me find a VIN number for this vehicle... JAY762. I only have a number plate but I’m trying to find any information out on it so we can track it down as it was my grandads old bike.
Please help

Please can someone help me find a VIN number for this vehicle... JAY762. I only have a number plate but I’m trying to find any information out on it so we can track it down as it was my grandads old bike.
Please help

I'm afraid that Reg# doesn't appear on either website used to find the Vin# Charlotte. Its probably because of the age. Sorry.

I'm afraid that Reg# doesn't appear on either website used to find the Vin# Charlotte. Its probably because of the age. Sorry.
No problem, thanks so much for trying.
If anyone else has any suggestions of how to get any details please let me know. We know it was last mot’d in 2011 so assume it’s in someone’s garage somewhere.
Thanks

Hi
Can anyone please find me the VIN for registration LR60 WDT
Any help would be really appreciated
Many thanks :)

Can anyone please find me the VIN for registration LR60 WDT Any help would be really appreciated Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom