How to guide: Valeting, Detailing, Car Cleaning - Ebook to download

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish11

Car
C220 CDI (09/11 - Facelift) & SLK200
As part of my obsessive car cleaning research I have come across an e-book
I have had some email exchanges with the Autopia Forum in the U.S. The kind chaps at Autopia, David Bynon and David Ostroff have given me permission to circulate their excellent e-book on car detailing.

You can download it from the link below, you do need to register but this enables it to be updated (which is normally done a few times each year).

You can even find out more detail about the Porter Cable Polisher and how to use it. (See thread http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6997 )

The contents of the book are as follows:

Washing and Drying
Interior
Glass and Plastic
Pre wax cleaning
Waxing and Sealing
Detailing Trim
Convertable Tops
Engine and UnderCarriage
Seasonal Car Care
Polishing to Perfection
Paint Clinic
The Perfect Shine
Microfibre
Detailing for Profit

Which I think covers just about everything!

The file is quite Large at 7.8MB so if you are not on Broadband allow for this.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/lib/autopia/goldfish.exe

The Autopia Guide to Detailing is a Windows executable ebook. Click the link to download and save the file to your Windows Desktop. Click the red car icon to run the book. You will need to register your copy to get a password that unlocks all chapters. The author, David Bynon, sends free updates 2-3 times a year.

Within the e-book are links to the Autopia site and the products they mention in the book so you can get even more detail, they are not tied to any particular company so this is quite comprehensive.

Don't be scared of buying stuff from the U.S. and in particular Autopia. I have had delivery in 3 days! and no problems at all. Autopia's site calculates all postage etc for international orders depending on weight so it is really easy and with the Pound so strong it is getting quite cheap. You may have to pay import duty but sometimes customs don't bother. (It also shows how we are ripped off on car car product in the U.K. as some well know brands are cheaper to import)

I hope you find this as useful as I have. There is lots of stuff on fixing scratches, dents interior trim issues, SWIRL and any other problem you may have. :)

This may be worth a sticky Mr Moderator :bannana: :bannana:

Last edited:
Excellent, very useful.

Thanks very much for posting this thread, the download has answered pretty much all my questions.

Thanks again

Munkee

Does Anyone Have The Password That I Keep Getting Asked For

Keep Up The Good Work All

Password & Registering

The password is in the email they send you when you register.

To register click on the "Register" section on the Ebook contents page.

You are sent a varification link which you click on and then a password (random numbers and letters) that is inserted.

The email will be in the following format:

"Thank you for subscribing to Autopia Guide to Detailing. You will receive email when a new version of the book is available for download.

To verify your subscription, please visit: http:// etc etc

The password for your book is:

XXXXXXXX

Please click the "Password" button in the ebook menu bar to enter the key.

Any questions may be sent to me at xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx

Yours in Better Car Care,
David Bynon"

If you dont seem to receive this, check your SPAM filter and bulk mail box just incase your service provider has not marked it as SPAM because it comes with autopia in the email address.

I hope this helps

Last edited:
cheers

thanks for the link Goldfish11, very useful. :bannana: now where did I put that new towel set I go last Xmas :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom