How to remove Livery Marks..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wu56Shoozz

MB Enthusiast
You'll need a passport to get over the Wall..
Car
MB Vito 111CDi / W203 C Class Saloon 320CDi Avantgarde
..Anyone??

My Van was liveried then all the decals removed before I purchased it, it takes a cracking shine but I swear to God, I think the previous owner has painted over the decals of his business, on the bonnet say, despite orbital buffing you can still see the marks of an "Electricians" business and its difficult to remove.. other than getting the bonnet and panels resprayed what other choices do I have without damaging the paint??

You may find that the paint has faded around the graphics so unfortunately you may struggle. Especially if you've gone for an orbital on it and that's not made a difference.

I debadged my W211 and you can make out a feint outline of CDI in certain lights. Just where it's had 13 years of daylight and faded a bit round the badges.

It's 2 things, as said, swirl marks that the paint below the decals weren't subject to, but a cutting compound should sort that.

If you're certain it's not swirl marks (if you've looked at it under bright direct sunlight, etc) then it has to be either fade in the rest of the paint, or staining by the adhesive.

Hi Dec, I've actually used Ferecla G3 & G10 on it and its still there. You can run your hand over the ridges and feel nothing but when you look at it, you'd swear that they had been painted on top of...

Admittedly, my bonnet needs repainted though due to stone chips and a pheasant but the side panels are straight but have the residual markings on them...

Might be best to seek advice from a detailer, the would see this problem all the time and would know straight away on seeing the van what needs to be done.

Dec

It's fairly normal to be able to see where vans have had signwriting removed. As mentioned it's generally that the rest of the paintwork has faded fractionally. But good advice to ask a detailer if there's anything that can be done (apart from a re-spray ;)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom