How to remove rear headrest W212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

such01

SUPPORTER
Car
E350 CDI W212
I am having my windows done tomorrow, but can figure out how to remove the rear headrests. I can lift them up, but there is not enough height to pull them out. My rear seat is fixed, so cannot be tilted forward, unless I am missing something.

Thanks

I am having my windows done tomorrow, but can figure out how to remove the rear headrests. I can lift them up, but there is not enough height to pull them out. My rear seat is fixed, so cannot be tilted forward, unless I am missing something.

Thanks

Is there not a button to drop them on the dash?

need to be removed prior to getting windows done today.

Hi

Just had a look on my S212, I can only get the centre headrest out without folding the seat forward. Not sure if the headrests are exactly the same but I can't see how you'd get them out without folding the seat.

You have to release the rear seat backrest, there should be a release for each side up under the reinforcement below the parcel shelf. You probably have to crawl into the boot to see them!

is that standard on all cars?I had a look and can't find it. Also, my rear seat seems to be one piece.
I'll have another look, thanks

defo not anything there to release back seats.

He's going to have to do it with head rests in situ

The release levers accessed through two small holes in the reinforcement and turned to the left

the chap knows how to do it - he's removing the seat cushion and taking out the backrest so he can remove rear shelf and get good access to the window - which needs cleaning where the sticky velcro was stuck to it!

thanks

such01 said:
the chap knows how to do it - he's removing the seat cushion and taking out the backrest so he can remove rear shelf and get good access to the window - which needs cleaning where the sticky velcro was stuck to it! thanks

That's good. Glad it's sorted. Sounds like a pain if it was only the headrests you needed to remove.

well had the windows done, and the chap removed the seat base and rear seat back. He removed the parcel shelf containing the 3rd brake light as subwoofer for the HK sound.
He commented that someone had been in there before and had used hot melt underneath the subwoofer as there was plenty around it, and showed me a few blobs which came out. He could not think of any reason why this was done. Is there any possible explanation for this? The previous owner was an elderly gent and the car has full MB history. Could it be related to why there were velcro pads on either side of the brake light which also were stuck to the inside of the rear windscreen?

These are the velcro pads referred to:

Attachments

• IMG_1934.jpg
    IMG_1934.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1936.jpg
    IMG_1936.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 25
I reckon the pads are there to stop any unwanted noise a quick fix :dk:

that's what i thought, but what about all the hot glue under the sub?

Probably the dealership eliminating rattles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom