How your car is perceived?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Totally, he is having to delay the Tesla X P100D until 2019 when his Tesla 3 arrives if he buys the Mclaren 540C.

Oops.... I’m not helping their image am I?!? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good luck to him. He deserves it more than any footballer. :thumb:

the most snooty of them out there these days are the 320d/insert-other-"prestige"-diesel-car party who think they're "ballin" at £6000 down and 48mthly payments at £399.

I know a few people like this, think they are better than everyone else because they have a ‘17 plate’ :rolleyes:

Yeah awful
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You're a strange one. Doesn't sound bad, just quiet. Where's the noise? Don't feel obliged to reply, you'll only miss the point, again.

You're a strange one. Doesn't sound bad, just quiet. Where's the noise? Don't feel obliged to reply, you'll only miss the point, again.

Why are you trolling me??

Anyway since we have received the Volvo and done some Xmas family visits, people seem to be happy to get out of your way, more than in the F11. Are Volvo drivers seen as less aggressive, is the cars size still seen as imposing??

My GTD originally received thumbs up from those in the know, quite embarrassing at times. But they are now so common it disappears. Especially in full murder mode with black steelies on it.

QUESTION: Here’s a slightly different question, do private plates make a difference?? Neither of our cars have them on, but I have a few on retention that I may transfer.

Do Private plates annoy people that don’t have them?? I grew up with most family members have old original ageless plates so I’m used to them.

I had an AC cobra replica before the SL500, through towns I'd try and burble along at tickover cos of the noise but at almost every traffic light or junction I'd get someone signalling to rev the engine. On faster roads though every idiot in a rep car would try and overtake me whether they were driving an Audi or Golf diesel they just had to get past. At first I'd oblige them with the view of my car shooting towards the horizon but it got boring very quickly to the point where I'd drive on motorways and dual carriageways at 60 just to avoid getting into any race situation.

I know a few people like this, think they are better than everyone else because they have a ‘17 plate’ :rolleyes:
Hmmm , I drive a car I like to "Drive", not a number plate...anyone can get a new, just put down a few quid & keep paying....This leasing thing or the thought of paying interest on the payments ...not for me thanks

Have not really noticed much of this in my car apart from a few grins here & there, oh I did have one German guy saying very nice & how I must like the filling stations. In the TVR I had a few nice comments, one at the traffic , funnily guy in a golf shouted out( you have to shout as TVR are a bit loud:)) "Sounds glorious" & another guy in a Filling station said " That's my kind of mid-life crisis" made me laugh as that is exactly what it was .

Anyway since we have received the Volvo and done some Xmas family visits, people seem to be happy to get out of your way, more than in the F11. Are Volvo drivers seen as less aggressive, is the cars size still seen as imposing??

My GTD originally received thumbs up from those in the know, quite embarrassing at times. But they are now so common it disappears. Especially in full murder mode with black steelies on it.

QUESTION: Here’s a slightly different question, do private plates make a difference?? Neither of our cars have them on, but I have a few on retention that I may transfer.

Do Private plates annoy people that don’t have them?? I grew up with most family members have old original ageless plates so I’m used to them.

I have a private plate. And it annoys me. I just think what a tosser I was to buy one. But, my car doesn’t feel like mine until I stick it on

I have a private plate. And it annoys me. I just think what a tosser I was to buy one. But, my car doesn’t feel like mine until I stick it on

Mine were a present l so I can dodge that point but I’m on the fence, do I or don’t I put them on?!? Usually the dealership just transferred to my new car but leasing got in the way. Undecided.

Mine were a present l so I can dodge that point but I’m on the fence, do I or don’t I put them on?!? Usually the dealership just transferred to my new car but leasing got in the way. Undecided.

Just stick them on. Can do it all online these days. Less of a faf

Just stick them on. Can do it all online these days. Less of a faf

Literally just found the retention document..... hmmmm.

Literally just found the retention document..... hmmmm.

Unless you let them go back to the DVLA you’ll have to pay either way. Might as well put them on

Why are you trolling me??

...said the troll who has repeatedly twisted my words and went out of his/her way to find a video clip.

Anyway...moving on...

If your provate plate means something to you, why not, I doubt it will affect you negatively. If for nothing else, on cars that change general shape so little, I'd say it goes towards them feeling younger for longer. Most of the general public can't tell the age of most 10yr old cars from today's cars without a plate to go by.

...said the troll who has repeatedly twisted my words and went out of his/her way to find a video clip.

Oh if it was me apologies, but compared to the GTR it’s aurally superb. As the video shows. Your point is it’s not enough, I disagree. Hardly trolling. You are rather and contextually overly direct, hence the ask, don’t be defensive, I just wondered why. Agree that of course it could be louder but for a travelling GP sufficient. [emoji1360]

Last edited:
Mine is perceived as 'quite rare' C55 AMG Wagen

which it most certainly is!

But how does "Joe Public" perceive it? Does the general observer even recognise it?

which it most certainly is!

But how does "Joe Public" perceive it? Does the general observer even recognise it?
NO...which is a good thing as far as I am concerned. They are so rare as to be almost Unicorn like. See my posts elsewhere to explain my reasoning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom