I love MB club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seven

Car
Transporter Kombi
Actually I do.
I may not visit as often as I used to but I enjoy checking in to see what's going on. I may not have the technical knowledge of some (!) but I would never berate someone for knowing less than I do. If I can help on a thread I will, but unfortunately mostly, I cannot. That doesn't mean I have any less right to be on here.
I feel that lately a few threads have got out of control and that a certain amount of the blame lies with me. For that I am sorry.

You sir have nothing to apologise for. If anything you have only given as good as you got. We all know who and why you have felt the need to post this.

In my honest opinion, said long standing member should be ashamed of himself for the bullying he has forced onto certain members in recent threads. Said bullying seems to get worse once other members rally in and contribute giving said member more balls to go in full throttle. It is out and out crowd bullying and has led to a number of good members leaving in recent years.

And if that is not enough, said member then constantly complains that the forum is going downhill due to constant rants and bad feelings, when most if not all the complainong and bad feeling is actually caused by said member !!!:doh:

I have missed what seven said. Any post that goes two more than two pages I tend not to read as it is either drivel or backbiting. Exception to that rule are members fixing Mercs, More Jokes, Detailing, Number plates.

Seven I always found a great member to have around lets hope he sticks around. And lets hope stwat's post above stays for all to see.

A very reasonable and impartial observation by stwat in my opinion
This doesnt happen, or at worst very rarely happens on the splendid
Mercedes-190 forum

Which is another good reason to buy a 190, if you needed one!

Last edited:
You sir have nothing to apologise for. If anything you have only given as good as you got. We all know who and why you have felt the need to post this.

In my honest opinion, said long standing member should be ashamed of himself for the bullying he has forced onto certain members in recent threads. Said bullying seems to get worse once other members rally in and contribute giving said member more balls to go in full throttle. It is out and out crowd bullying and has led to a number of good members leaving in recent years.

And if that is not enough, said member then constantly complains that the forum is going downhill due to constant rants and bad feelings, when most if not all the complainong and bad feeling is actually caused by said member !!!:doh:
Unfortunately, Your opinion is wrong.

I ask my own questions, but don't get involved in organised witch hunts, unlike you.

I can see that even though I had moved on from this some time ago, you lot haven't (excluding Seven).

I feel that lately a few threads have got out of control and that a certain amount of the blame lies with me.

Can't say that I've noticed.

I love MBClub too - enough to put stickers on my car - a big step :cool:.

I think some people interpret & label mickey taking, contradicting their opinion & not agreeing with what they've said as bullying.

It's all part of a vibrant & interesting forum. If you don't like what you are reading then ignore the threads, ignore the 'bullying' poster (CP > Edit Ignore List) & carry on reading & contributing to the bits that interest you.

I too would like to say that I find mbclub a great learning resource, and I find it useful and enjoyable on the whole.

With any forum there will always be differences of opinion, and sometimes it's not always clear whether someone is being humorous or vindictive. Also, we are only human and our responses vary according to whatever.

However, and whilst refusing to be drawn into naming names, there are certainly those that appear to relish conflict and appear keen to post inflammatory responses when this is perhaps not the wisest thing to do, if one wishes to keep tempers from escalating.

Those that regularly resort to this kind of thing deserve no sympathy when they receive flak in return. People in glass houses, pot calling kettle black etc...

There's a fine line between humour and deliberate bullying/vitriol/whatever and I'm sure we've all perhaps overstepped this line on occasions, myself included.

Despite all of this, I too love mbclub and I like the way it is generally an open and tolerant place, where one has the chance to learn a lot from helpful and knowledgeable people. Long live mbclub! :)

Actually I do.
I may not visit as often as I used to but I enjoy checking in to see what's going on. I may not have the technical knowledge of some (!) but I would never berate someone for knowing less than I do. If I can help on a thread I will, but unfortunately mostly, I cannot. That doesn't mean I have any less right to be on here.
I feel that lately a few threads have got out of control and that a certain amount of the blame lies with me. For that I am sorry.

If your post reflects your personality even a little, then you sir are a gentleman of the first water.
It IS very difficult being a newbie or lacking the expertise of some; your points are valid and shared by many, including me.
There is no greater satisfaction to be had than helping someone, a fact that is lost on occasion and I only hope that common sense and good manners will prevail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom