I now work in the Motor Industry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Car
Various
Been looking for Junior sales work (No experience + im only 19) for about a month now.

Been so far to Peugoet and Ford,

Both seemed promising except for them saying "Yeah you've a very good chance, we'll give you a call next week to let you know"

And they never called.

Anyway had an Interview with Fiat last friday and the Interview went very well and the sales manager said he'd give me a call on monday or tuesday.

This morning I got a call from his receptionist telling me that I'd been successful in getting the Junior Sales position,

The sales manager is away on a course at the moment so I don't know when I start yet.

Im rather happy because being unemployed had got me down recently and this is a great boost to my confidence.

Any of you guys work in Car sales?

Whats it like?

I love cars so that was my main reason for wanting to work in the motor trade.
:bannana:

Congrats on the new job.

One day you will be working for a Merc dealer :( but I hope you will turn out to be a bit more customer focused ;)

good luck maz,I too work in the trade as merc technician.
like fudger says,try to be more customer focused and stand apart from the rest.

Yeah once i have some experience under my belt.

I don't see any reason why i shouldn't work for Mercedes :)

Im very customer focused - After all they pay your wages

I been there - best few months of my life - never had as much fun in a job. Cleaning and Delivering new cars as a student job. Wish I'd never graduated and gone onto bigger and better ( AND MORE BORING ! ) jobs. Worked in a vauxhall garage in 1985 - delivering 3.0 Monza's/Royales and Manta GTE's to customers at Mach 2 with zero miles on the clock 2 months after passing my test!

Well done Maz,

Don't be tempted to try and be like Arthur Daley (if you are old enough to remember him), do not allow yourself to be patrionising, particularly to the fairer sex and don't be 'smarmy'. All typical annoying traits of car sales people, I know cos I deal with em!!!

I was a Alfa/B*W/Fiat mechanic for years, then moved on to be Foreman at a couple of places before ending up a service manager for a Vauxhall dealer

Though I've since had a complete career change - it was still excellent fun and i dont regret it at all - but you are starting off in the correct vein - Sales people dont get dirty, but they are around all the techy's enough to learn some useful tricks.

Have fun

Mark

Wow - Old thread revival!

Well an update, I worked for a Fiat dealership for 6 months as a Junior Salesman, then I worked for another Fiat Dealership as a Salesman for 4 years, then I did 6 months as Commercial Sales Manager for 6 months.

Then the ultimate for me - Did just over 2 years working as a Mercedes Benz Sales Executive.

I'm now in the process of opening my first garage!

Many congratulations! That's a very pleasant thread revival to read :)

Make sure you come back in another 7 years :D

But did you stay focussed on the customer?!

Make sure you come back in another 7 years :D

But did you stay focussed on the customer?!

I did indeed, sold anything from £1k Used Fiat Puntos to £120k New MB SL63!

So must have learned a thing or two!

I've always lurked here but not posted a lot! I have 2 MBs at the mo, 1st being a 94 E280 Auto, and 03 C180K Auto.

I tried to order a new C350CDI, but couldn't get one in time so I'm currently waiting for an Audi TT TDi :( Maybe an E350CDI Next time!

Hello

Imagine the conversation bewteen a car sales man buying a car off a car sales man...

:) :)

Spent most of my working life in car and commercial sales! Great career! Well done and good luck with your own garage - something I thought about loads of times, but ended up starting a business on the PR side of the motor trade! :)

Yeah, I never get too much sales spiel when I go to buy a car! :D

You lucky fecker. That's a dream job for me. I've been trying and trying so hard. But I never get a break.

It's good that you've stuck to it. It's a career that I'd love to have. It's good to read that some people out there appreciate great opportunities and make the most of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom