I think I've fallen in love....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
An interesting film, thanks

Isn't he an absolute cracker, I'm pleased you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

Couldn't help but think of your project during that too Charles - don't let it get you down, step by step one small step at a time... Next summer you'll be sitting there in the heat with all the windows rolled down, nice and breezy with something suitable on the radio I'm sure.

Last edited:
Ok so Jay Leno is pretty good at what he does with cars but this bloke is just on a whole new level!!

Enjoy. :):)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoBFcV0WyWw

Thank you very much for sharing Mr Rupolo's story! He came across as a truly remarkable man with a genuine passion for cars.

On a slightly separate note, Italian is actually my first language and I can confirm that not much got lost in translation... apart from when he told his dog Cooper to shut up ;)

Grazie mille :thumb:

He reminds me if an Italian chap I know. In his 70s and passionate about engineering, I used to represent his machinery company in Northern Europe and the USA

Always remember one early spring, had to travel from bologna to Verona to catch a plane, there was a major motorway bridge about to be shut as the snow was melting in the mountains and the river was rising

He had an s class, he was going as fast as it could, it started I get foggy, and I thought , he's going to have to slow down now, but did he f€ck, he just out his seatbelt on...........

Really memorable journey, he couldn't speak English, me no Italian, but we had a great chat

Off topic I suppose

He reminds me if an Italian chap I know. In his 70s and passionate about engineering, I used to represent his machinery company in Northern Europe and the USA

Always remember one early spring, had to travel from bologna to Verona to catch a plane, there was a major motorway bridge about to be shut as the snow was melting in the mountains and the river was rising

He had an s class, he was going as fast as it could, it started I get foggy, and I thought , he's going to have to slow down now, but did he f€ck, he just out his seatbelt on...........

Really memorable journey, he couldn't speak English, me no Italian, but we had a great chat

Off topic I suppose

It does not surprise me at all...
That is more or less the area of Italy where I am from and during winter months that very stretch of motorway is frequently under a thick layer of fog. Much has been done in terms of prevention (even before motorways had to be rebranded "smart" in order to be cool), but fog has been and still is a real danger. However, just because it is so common and many people are used to it, some feel invincible and push it to the limit, just because they know the road so well. Most are lucky and can proudly talk about their driving skills when they get home...but a few are not.

I've seen one regularly on track days at Goodwood not on the track obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom