Identifying exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
Need help with what car this exhaust fits.

For some reason the pics won't upload.

I've tried and tried but pics won't upload. Just keeps saying upload failed.

Yeahhh!!:bannana:

Attachments

• IMG_3869.jpg
    IMG_3869.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 40
Couple more.

Attachments

• IMG_3870.jpg
    IMG_3870.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3871.jpg
    IMG_3871.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 26
I really don't have a clue. The fact it only has the one back box I thought it might be from a turbo car?

Presumably it has no maker's mark? MB stamp everything with a part number and logo, as far as I've seen.

Looked in my MBZ PARTS book nothing like it in there i would say its not mercedes part .Another look, lets me think maybe a transvers engine [front wheel drive ] looking at the fixing at the manifold end .

Last edited:
Looks like an exhaust for the W176 A class M270 transverse petrol engine but its missing the central expansion box. Almost certainly aftermarket but without a part no?/?

ps depending on length might be for a CLA

Last edited:
Are there obvious weld marks on it (maybe near that mounting point) which might indicate where a catalytic convertor was removed? - Any car built in the last 20 years should have at least one catalytic convertor as standard fitment.

Seems like the A class is the best guess at the moment.

I believe ?? the catalytic convertor in the A class is located closer to engine * to facilitate warm up [ like many more modern cars] so would not be included in that section of exhaust?

* think the down pipe from the exhaust manifold position

Last edited:
Usually that's the "pre-cat", but I guess if the engine is small enough you could stick it there; certainly the quicker it gets to temperature, the lower the emissions are from a cold start.

Not something I'd want inside my engine bay though; they retain a fair amount of heat and radiate it back (hence the "hotdog" warning light you used to see to let you know it's likely to set something on fire).

B49180000091.140218.png

from
Mercedes-Benz Teilekatalog (Ersatzteile online)

Just an update. Found out it's actually off an A class cdi AMG. I'll be putting it on eBay as I have no use for it. It was left in a workshop I rented along with another load of crap that was left behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom