If A Dealer sells A Car Do They Have To Give A Guarantee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd be slightly concerned about this individual's poor use of the english language and correct grammar. Even someone selling an old nail would do a proof-read, surely?

Thought he was buying a car not the complete works of William Shakspeare or Charles Dickens? If you applied that logic to the Health Service and Scientific Community then you would never go to a doctor or use technical goods as some of the best doctors and scientists I know have massive IQ's but their grasp on the English language leaves a lot to be desired :rolleyes: So why should the poor use of the English language put you off buying a car :dk:

Guys this isnt a banger (Im hurt)

enjoyed by the second owner for the last 10 years and correctly maintained up to date with a full history portfolio and hand books including recent MOT inspection test tyres and service with document the vehicles low mileage of 70k, he vehicle is currently running and driving very well with good oil pressure smooth gear change and the electric items are working and the ash trays and lighters are unused.

Is it a burgundy one by any chance??

Is it a burgundy one by any chance??

Carmine Red - burgundy i spose - :( go on be gentle ........

Mark - Yep its a Turbo R my late brother had one in 1990 and I sort of feel I should own one now I have extra garage space plus its a novel way of getting around until I decide what replaces the CLS

Im quite pleased with the discussion this has raised on the forum, good and healthy :)

Have a chat with your local trading standards office.

Contact Details:

Telephone: 08454 04 05 06
Fax: 0151 225 6039
E Mail: [email protected]

Sounds an interesting car... :thumb:

Have a chat with your local trading standards office.

Contact Details:

Telephone: 08454 04 05 06
Fax: 0151 225 6039
E Mail: [email protected]

Sounds an interesting car... :thumb:

Not being funny but I'd give TS a swerve the advice they gave Glojo was completely wrong and he ended up losing in court at his cost. Most of them don't have a clue when it comes to the finer points of anything legal.

Much better to spend a few £ for a meeting with a solicitor if in doubt

Is this getting a little bit in depth lol, were talking about a 96 bentley not a vectra with 220k on the clock lol,

Just a thought following on from reading another thread - Mercedes-Benz dealers are currently offering a free 'vehicle inspection' with written report on any make of vehicle .

I wonder , if you are seriously thinking of buying this vehicle , the vendors would let you have it 'on trial' for a day - during which you could book it in for a check over ?

Yes I thought that as well, Im seeing it on thursday BUT since spotting the one I liked Im now aware of at least 9 others around the country !!!

Its quite a common car the Turbo R right now .... wonder why :)

Thought he was buying a car not the complete works of William Shakspeare or Charles Dickens? If you applied that logic to the Health Service and Scientific Community then you would never go to a doctor or use technical goods as some of the best doctors and scientists I know have massive IQ's but their grasp on the English language leaves a lot to be desired :rolleyes: So why should the poor use of the English language put you off buying a car :dk:

Agree, unless the ad was was written in finest Dickensian text speak.... thus....

alwrite. innit..ere we have a Bentliy, Gzzer owned it 10 yrs b4 I got it, ooks da bllx. Itz got all da books n stuff, tckt for 12 mumfs...nu tires n only gt 70k onit. evrifin wks ok , drivs relly smoove lke. noone as ever ad a fag or nuffin in it ........

It is a factor I agree, THIS is a difficult purchase a totally differing way to buying a newish normal car.
Its all about the dealer AND obviously the car but never before has a dealer had such an influence on my decision.
If you have a quick look on ebay, turbo R, sort by price you get a LOT of cars - every one a possible £15k bill for head gasket, spheres and brakes.
My "short" list has 3 red cars, one in Kent, one in London and one 3 miles from me in Chester they vary from £13k to £23k (too much) and 39k miles to 80k miles (all acceptable) however the dealer Hanswell have a incredible warranty of 60 days anything goes and 22 months insurance warranty, 12 months mot and 6 months tax - a very comprehensive nervous buyers package.
I will be making some calls today and am so incredibly excited my commute to work will be such an occasion (especially in the snow lol)
Below is the Hanswell car at £20k pre haggling
!!qyrUFwBW0~$(KGrHgoOKi0EjlLmWv+IBKnkmIrm3!~~_35.JPG

Last edited:
The car is purchased - blind for the first time ever - on friday i will expand on what seems to be the most comprehensive and reassuring car buying experience I have ever had (so far) however the proof is in the delivery but to say Im gobsmacked is a understatement.

The car is purchased - blind for the first time ever - on friday i will expand on what seems to be the most comprehensive and reassuring car buying experience I have ever had (so far) however the proof is in the delivery but to say Im gobsmacked is a understatement.

I await with anticipation. Bring it to a meet and I'll bring mine, and we can compare sob stories :p I hope the warranty is as quibble free as they make out.

Seriously well done though. The feel good factor when driving is matched only by the Phantom. :bannana:

You dont think it looks a bit chavy? ;) :D

Ok Can elaborate now its secured :)

The car dealer is Hanwell in London apparently a RR / Bentley supermarket, the long wheel base Turbo R at £20k is top money BUT Im viewing this in the context of buying it instead of a RS6 / C63 / E63 coupe for the next 2 years at least.

I called and they genuinely wanted to sell me the car, far more so than recent experience, they are used to selling all over the UK and this is the method they use.

10% Deposit, car has a 12m MOT, 6m Tax, 24000 mile service (major) and a 101 point inspection it is then delivered in a covered wagon foc and the driver waits whilst the car is inspected, if satisfied they accept a bank draft for the balance and the delivery guy leaves.

Warranty, they have a satellite workshop in Manchester and for the 2 year duration of the warranty its a collect and deliver service. Initially the first 60 days is every nut, bolt and switch thereafter its as per the AA 5 star warranty but with collection included. Tyres have a min gtee of 10k miles left on them or replaced new

Prior to delivery they are fitting new sheepskin rugs front and rear and parking aids (factory type) front and rear.

I sent an A4 sheet with all the poignant questions inc filler, gaskets, accident damage etc and all were answered and traceable.

To say Im excited is an understatement, I have never been so excited about getting a car far more than any of my prior ones.

Couple of pics below, it arrives in a week / 9 days

!!qyrUPwBG0~$(KGrHgoOKigEjlLmJg8nBKnkmN3hVw~~_12.JPG

!!qyrUog!m0~$(KGrHgoOKj8EjlLmUE61BKnkmde5(!~~_12.JPG

!!qyrU8!BG0~$(KGrHgoOKk!EjlLmYq-kBKnkmswnyg~~_12.JPG

!!qyrUWQB20~$(KGrHgoOKiYEjlLmep38BKnkmS2B6Q~~_12.JPG

Great news. Nice to read of somewhere with customer service at the front of their minds.

That's a handsome car.

My Father-in-Law always fancied one, but one of the few cars he's wanted but never owned.

Agree, unless the ad was was written in finest Dickensian text speak.... thus....

alwrite. innit..ere we have a Bentliy, Gzzer owned it 10 yrs b4 I got it, ooks da bllx. Itz got all da books n stuff, tckt for 12 mumfs...nu tires n only gt 70k onit. evrifin wks ok , drivs relly smoove lke. noone as ever ad a fag or nuffin in it ........

I guess it's just me then :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom