If A Dealer sells A Car Do They Have To Give A Guarantee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Droooooooolllll!!!!!!!

that's a lot of car for £20k

A near identical one is only £12k but slightly higher mileage and a questionable warranty.

If the dodgy headgasket goes its £3k + vat and 4 days and they are susceptable to them

I would rather have peace of mind to be honest.

I will stay on this great forum if you will all have me :eek: Im a sporadic contributor but mildly amusing I like to think !!

The CLS will probably go to webuyanycar.com but will try pistonheads and trader for a week or so, webuy have firmly offered £1200 more than MB :mad:

And a lot of service bills too.

5k miles per year in it and the big one done prior to purchase, my local "hero" indie says under £500 for the next one in 12 months and £800 for the one after that if miles stay under 5k p/a ish

I will stay on this great forum if you will all have me :eek: Im a sporadic contributor but mildly amusing I like to think !!

It will be interesting to read your experience of the Bentley Turbo R over the next year/s.

Headgaskets are a weakness, and the standard suspension may not last long either, even after replacement. I had mine swapped for struts up front and and ecu to fool the active ride. Seems to be a worthwhile mod. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on driving it :)

My indie has told me the spheres will be no hassle on my mileage and he has a unique fast way of doing the job ?!? he said just worry about the engine, the brakes and rust !!!

A near identical one is only £12k but slightly higher mileage and a questionable warranty.

If the dodgy headgasket goes its £3k + vat and 4 days and they are susceptable to them

I would rather have peace of mind to be honest.

The CLS will probably go to webuyanycar.com but will try pistonheads and trader for a week or so, webuy have firmly offered £1200 more than MB :mad:

I suspect this one is quite a lot more:
Graeme Hunt - 1997 Bentley Turbo RL

I am aware of a mint 39k miles model for £23k so I guess Hunts one would be similar, these really are on the deck at the moment and possibly for ever more .....

Glad to see you got the RL as the standard car is a tardis in reverse. The parking sensors are interesting. I wasn't aware there was a factory fit option on these. It's not too difficult to park without them though. You just need a huuuge space. The turning circle is lousy, not like your Merc.

Sensors are RR actual transducers onto an aftermarket bleeper with a RR over ride button filling a blank on the dash - I only expected rear but they said front as well - bargain !

I am aware of a mint 39k miles model for £23k so I guess Hunts one would be similar, these really are on the deck at the moment and possibly for ever more .....

colour and spec?

For some reason i missed most of this thread earlier, didn't think it would turn out like this!

Car looks lovely, your a braver man than me Dave, please hang around to tell us how you get on

Pretty certain by law trader/dealer has to provide 3 months cover, which is why they all push you to take the breakdown warranty cover so its not their problem.

This all came about recently last year or two.

Lynall

The R is one of the few cars I know that carries red very well. Wildberry also looks great.

Not posting an ad on here for your CLS?

Lol not really, I have stupidly put a private plate on the CLS that isnt even on it yet but all paperwork is done so i need to que up in Chester to get the plate off it as soon as it arrives :doh:

I will try a shot on the usual mediums but on pistonheads the last one sold similar to mine went for £26,500 (but was in NI if thats a factor) and I want more than that.

I`ll get it mini detailed and photo`d and see if the rumour of late supercharged cars being in demand is fact or fiction :rolleyes:

Dave, can't sleep??

My understanding is that prices for CLS55s have certainly got a bit stronger than they were a few months back. Hope you get what you want for it and looking forward to hearing about your Bentley ownership. YOu will certainly have a very classy garage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom