Illuminated scuff plates.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toffee-pie

Car
Legacy 3.0R Spec.B 6MT
Guys,

Do the AMG logos on the scuff plates light up, if not is it possible to get them to do so. My Lexus had them, looked great.

Another thing I would like is reverse camera, can this be (easily) installed into a 2003 CL55?

cheers.

Yes, you can buy AMG illuminated scuff plates, I have Brabus ones on my CLS!

18e6926d-3e42-4c54-9fa9-d12a493b5b95.jpg

http://http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-Benz-CLS-W219-4-Pc-Illuminated-Door-Entry-Sill-Plates-/301883847380?hash=item4649adf2d4

Last edited:
Theres a how to guide on retrofitting/installing the illuminated sill plates somewhere on here, I think. Am just in the process of replacing one of mine that has stopped working. The OEM AMG ones for my ML are circa £500 and I am waiting on the price of the replacement OEM 'Mercedes Benz' ones that came fitted from the factory.

Are the MB ones £150? If so. then thats definitely a no brainer!

Check the eBay link in my post, unfortunately eBay seems to be down at the moment.......I paid £150 for mine.

Link is invalid mate, eBay seems to be ok :dk:

Ok...if at first you don't succeed pull your f**eskin ower yer heid.

Sellers name is : petrakrautmaus

Looks like he might have increased his prices since I bought mine mid June last year, but original price was £189.00.........I beat him down to £150.00.

Last edited:
They are for CLS models?

Will a command 2.0 in 2003 be sufficient for a rear camera upgrade?

there are some on ebay, oem ones are expensive.

Just to close this thread, I managed to buy a set of OEM ones from eBay for the princely sum of £70! Having unplugged the one I believed to be faulty and plugged it into the opposite side, where I knew it was working, it still didn't work which confirmed my thoughts and negates the need for any further testing of cables etc. Fair enough the ones I purchased were used and taken from a different model (but as MB wanted £189 each and I got the pair for £70), I ran the risk and it paid off!
Albeit they had a different part number, they are EXACTLY the same!?!?
bought some adhesive foam strip to fix them with as that's how they were originally fitted, cleaned the area, applied the foam strip, fixes into place, plugged in and voila! All good and fully functioning!
Thanks for all your help folks! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom