Illuminated sills/scuff plates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Hi-I've just bought some illuminated sill plates for my 2011 W212 saloon and want to wire them up to the door switches that control the interior lights. Any idea where these switches are located around the door/jamb as I'm either going blind or they are not there?

The w211 illuminated sills I fitted had looms which went to the rear SAM unit, PITA as I thoughts they would plug in the front.

there will be some wires you can tap into but may require the 12v tester to come out.

I wired mine into the door puddle lights

I'm thinking of doing the same rather than wire them to the footwell lights as they stay on dimly at night with the doors shut. I suppose this means I need to remove the door cards to trace the puddle light wires.....unless you know which ones they are and they run through the cable channel in the sills?

I'm thinking of doing the same rather than wire them to the footwell lights as they stay on dimly at night with the doors shut. I suppose this means I need to remove the door cards to trace the puddle light wires.....unless you know which ones they are and they run through the cable channel in the sills?

I ran back through through the channel and into the door

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom