Illumination

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PXW

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance; MG ZS EV
Plenty of time in these dark mornings/evenings to consider the internal illumination of the car controls. Most are nicely and gently backlit, including the column mounted gear lever. But the wiper control does not illuminate and nor does the bezel around the light control. It's the latter that's a minor pain - you stop on a dark road and need to turn the switch to activate parking lights, for example, but can't readily see where the mark is on the bezel. From memory I think it was the same on my old S211 - are all Mercs the same? And why - seems an odd target for a cost saving given how much other internal switch lighting there is, and the switch itself is illuminated?

I would guess there is no demand.

I have never thought about the internal illumination really as most controls are logic to me now.

Cannot recall my column mounted gear control having any lighting but it could have.

The light switch is set to auto but I would have no problems locating it, again not sure if it is illuminated but you are probably correct.

Does seem strange that if not lit why they are not, particularly with all the ambient lighting in the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does come across as a bit strange the light control is not illuminated but I leave it on Auto and I have never had to touch it. Perhaps most owners are like that so why bother?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom