I'm selling my beloved C270 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
Hi everyone,

I'm selling my beloved C270 CDI around Nov/Dec time as I will have had it three years :( :( :( Many tears will flow I tell you :( :( :(

I'm not moving from Mercedes and will be buying either a C320 CDI or a CLK 320 CDI on a 55 plate or above.

I bought the car in December 2004 - it is on a 03 plate and when I bought it it had 35,000 miles on the clock.

It now has 67,000 miles and by November it will probably have about 72,000 miles.

When I bought the car (from Mercedes in Shrewsbury) I had them fit new black leather upholstery (still looks new now) and front and rear parking sensors (including the smart visual indicators).

It also has the Sports Pack which includes the lowered suspension, sports alloys, sports steering wheel, metal pedals and silver lined mats.

It also has COMAND and the latest TMC enabled navigation CD deluxe edition (including Mitchelin Travel Guide) - original disk not copied.

It's brilliant silver and has the auto-tiptronic gearbox.

I have many detailed pictures of this car. It's very smart indeed and my missus is still trying to persuade me not to part with it - she loves it (although she never drives it - just gets chauffered around in it).

It's been lovingly looked after and I extended the full Mercedes warranty last year so I could have any repairs fixed properly by the dealer (not needed it this year).

I'm not trading it in as I think that is just lazy and I'm not lining a dealer's pocket for the sake of a bit of effort.

Any ideas what I could expect to get from my car as a private sale ?

If anyone is interested in purchasing this in the next few months PM me and I'll send you some detailed pictures.

I think its quite early to ask but at the moment:
Trade price: £10-10.5K
Retail Price: £12.5K

Cheers Jay

If its going well and in good condition, why not keep it? It'll work out a hell of a lot easier on the wallet in the long run! It'll easily last three more years if you look after it well.

By then you could get a new shape C class or even a new model CLK!

It would make sense to hang on to it and then look at the W204 after two years of it's launch date.

I agree - I've just bought my company car - C320 cdi and intend to keep it for at least another 3+ years then after 5 years if its still mint run it on and on....(mind you that is until I see the new C class and start having those naughty dreams......)

I will show this to my missus. She will absolutely love you all for these comments :p You may have helped me decide to keep it for another couple of years :) Thanks all.....

I'm selling my beloved C270 CDI around Nov/Dec time as I will have had it three years
I will show this to my missus. She will absolutely love you all for these comments :p You may have helped me decide to keep it for another couple of years :) Thanks all.....
Changing your car based entirely on the advice of a calendar is pretty weak, you have to admit! :rolleyes:

Actually Shude it was based on driving a C320 CDI !!!

That car is faster than the space shuttle in orbit.
That's a better excuse! Getting your 270's engine "chipped" would put the smile back on your face for a lot less money than a new 320CDI ;)

you have passed from the 270 to the X5 and the 320d?:)

Actually, I did pass on a 320d at the weekend :D

Was looking for a 330d, and the salesman offered me a go in a 320d also (possibly trying to sell me one of his many 04-plated ones, no doubt).

Well, I drove it, and it merely confirmed that I don't want one. It was the most gutless, vague and hateful new(ish) car I've ever had the misfortune to drive. Somehow managed to get less economy than the 330d on the same run, probably because I felt I was having to thrash it to make any progress...

...don't know about being in the zone myself, but it spent most of its time in the red zone :rock:

Actually Shude it was based on driving a C320 CDI !!!

That car is faster than the space shuttle in orbit.

I'm with you on this, having driven a CLK320CDI, I was thinking about changing my old C320 for a C320CDI. But having thought about it, in a year or so when new W204s are about on the streets I know that I'd be regretting buying an old model car that has lost its image instead of waiting for a couple of years and buying the much more desirable new model.....

Robbo...I bet you never buy laptops then as they are out of date as soon as you get it..lol

The C320 cdi is fantastic - gather the new one is great too but slightly heavier and slower (albeit marginally) - then to come is the new Bluetec engines... then ....then....lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom