I'm sure Assyst knows when I have booked a service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Had a service April 2008 - indicator showing 1200 miles to go for the A service. So I thought that's over a year and I would prefer to get it done sooner rather than later - so I called up Mercedes and booked it in for it's A service this Monday coming - the 15th. This afternoon I pop out to the shops and what did I notice - a signal now saying 1200 miles to a B service. Is this a plot ??:D

Think I will go ahead with the A service -as I cant see why a B service is needed with just 2 days to go...:(

What did it have last time?

This happened to me on my car's first service, but the dealer cheerfully did an A. It came back firmly displaying B for its next service though!

What did it have last time?

This happened to me on my car's first service, but the dealer cheerfully did an A. It came back firmly displaying B for its next service though!

It had an A service last time too. But it came back saying the next was to be an A too......:confused:

My last was a D (wallet still recovering...). Has been showing A since then - now only 450 miles to go and still showing A. The dealer sounded quite disappointed when I called to book it in; 'Is that just for the service then sir?' 'Yes, just the A service, and don't forget the age discount!'.

Btw - I asked about service overruns (should be OK but a chance of being perhaps 3-400 miles overdue when I get there). Apparently MobiloLife etc is fine as long as it is serviced within 1000 miles.

The service required is based on mileage and time so it's entirely possible that the initial indication of an A service be incorrect by the time 1000 miles has run out!

The service required is based on mileage and time so it's entirely possible that the initial indication of an A service be incorrect by the time 1000 miles has run out!

:mad::doh:We'll see! I'd be more than a bit miffed if it tripped to a B this close to the wire!

:mad::doh:We'll see! I'd be more than a bit miffed if it tripped to a B this close to the wire!
If you're worried about time being a factor then just drive to the end of the country and back or have the car serviced today, that would sort it out :)

Update. I got to the service with Assyst still showing 'A', However, when I got the usual phone call from the dealer, I was told that the 'A' didn't mean a thing, and that it all went on the datasheets, so in fact the D servcie I had last time (that cost me over £1200) was in fact all based on a small inspection, and my car now needs a major inspection, which is £330 even after the 20% labour discount for 'older' mercs. What is the point of Assyst then, if the letter codes don't mean a thing? All the mileage count does is count down -there is no variance that I can identify for different driving patterns - and I would know, because until 7 months ago the car was doing significant motorway miles, and since then has hardly done any motorway work (change of cars in the household mean that a large chunk of my driving is now done in my wife's car). That change should have been sufficient to alter the service timing (not necessarily to my advantage, of course) but it hasn't actually made any difference at all.

I'm also somehwat miffed (I know, I always am when it comes to service bill time) because the guy told me I needed a fuel filter...but when I got him to check the records for the car, he admitted it had been done last time and wasn't needed. A similar thing happened last time out as well - I was told certain extras were necessary but when i pointed out they had been done the previous service, it suddenly wasn't necessary any more. So - the dealer apparently ignores what Assyst says about A, B, C services etc, bases it on the diagnostics and the service sheets, and then doesn't even check the car's records before landing the customer with unecessary extras. :mad:

Not good.

The dealer resets the service indicator after the service. I have experienced a couple of time when they forgot to do it. Makes you wonder if they did any of the service correctly, if they forget that last crucial part.

I do use the ESS (electronic service sheet) but the best way to decipher the service scedule is to look in the service book and work it out. It is not rocket science Mr Dealership.

None of the previous service items are taken into consideration when the data is put in to the ESS.

None of the previous service items are taken into consideration when the data is put in to the ESS.

The printout does say to check previously carried out work - but why would they, there's always the chance someone will just say "yes" to everything.

It's interesting that when my car, on MB ServicePlus, is serviced - they know *exactly* what needs doing, and it's an astonishingly minimal amount of work.

The printout does say to check previously carried out work - but why would they, there's always the chance someone will just say "yes" to everything.

It's interesting that when my car, on MB ServicePlus, is serviced - they know *exactly* what needs doing, and it's an astonishingly minimal amount of work.

Indeed - I think this is what really irritated me - they did the work last time, so they have all the car's records; at their rates is it really too much to expect them to check? . I think they must be desperate for work - they wanted to replace my wiper blades as well, and repair a stone chip on the windscreen. I pointed out that I expect my insurance will do the stone chip for free...'oh yes, some companies might do that' was his reply:mad:

Well I had the car serviced and dealer quite happy to do an A service........

Indeed - I think this is what really irritated me - they did the work last time, so they have all the car's records; at their rates is it really too much to expect them to check? . I think they must be desperate for work - they wanted to replace my wiper blades as well, and repair a stone chip on the windscreen. I pointed out that I expect my insurance will do the stone chip for free...'oh yes, some companies might do that' was his reply:mad:

To be fair, I don't have a problem with that - they're a business and they need to seek to maximise their income from each customer. It's a bit like going for a meal and they never offer you more drinks - I'm always gobsmacked by how they miss the sales opportunity.

You can always say no to the work. Some customers would be happy to pay to get stone chip fixed rather than have to make a trip to a windscreen company.

PXW what is your dealer's location? I am having same issues with MB Watford right now.

Am going to look for another one but would try not to step into the same cr@p again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom