In-car TFT for PS2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
Hi Guys

Anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy a TFT (7") screen for a PS2 from? Eventually, I want to hook up a PS2 to Comand, but for now just want a screen for the back ... and a headrest mount ... and a power inverter :rolleyes: .

I've found this one, at £170:
7-inch-lcd-tv3.jpg

which has this description:
Keep yourself in the picture wherever you are with this active matrix 7 inch portable colour LCD TV, which is a perfect compromise between true portability and visible screen size. The V1 / V2 input allows two AV units, such as spy camera, DVD, VCD, GPS or games console, to be connected and switched between sequentially.

The 7 inch LCD TV can run off a 12V power supply and also comes with a built in speaker, remote control, a car mounting bracket and an external aerial socket allowing for easy installation as an in-car entertainment system or simply as a great complement to one of our spy camera surveillance kits.

Resolution: 336960 pixels
Dimensions: H12.2cm x W19.4cm x D2.6cm

from: www.flyonthewall.uk.com , but can't say I've ever heard of them. (Just noticed it doesn't say that it has a headphone socket, so would need to check that out). Maplins were doing one for £150 just before Christmas, but it's now £300 :eek:

Anywhere else I could try?

Cheers
Andrew

Thanks guys. Spike, good link, they were a bit cheaper, so would probably go there - you had dealings with them? Steve, that's the 6" version, but I think we want the 7" one - good link though, so saved to favourites!

Cheers
Andrew

Flyer said:
Thanks guys. Spike, good link, they were a bit cheaper, so would probably go there - you had dealings with them? Steve, that's the 6" version, but I think we want the 7" one - good link though, so saved to favourites!

Cheers
Andrew

Not used them personally but....Click Here

Hi Andrew

MEgacomm are offering this

http://www.megacomm.de/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_49&products_id=131

Cant I tempt you to my ex E class Rear TV screen - its only 5" .. but its dead good .. honest and itll look great in your car.

I've also got a dc to dc power invertor for the PS2 plus PS2 extension leads etc. I can even sell you me old TV tuner as well .

Tell youwhat guv, I'll bring it along to castle coombe & do a bit of a car boot sale .. What do you reckon :D

steve_bcs said:
Tell youwhat guv, I'll bring it along to castle coombe & do a bit of a car boot sale .. What do you reckon :D

I don't know why, but I can hear Shude's voice when reading that :D ;) . Sounds like a plan, but we're down to £170 for the monitor now Steve :p

hmm...I think this should have been posted in the electronics section! I will move it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom