incident - London Bridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC saying there's now three incidents in London. Jeez!

Police tweeting 'run and hide, turn off phones' if in Vauxhall area. There's an ongoing incident in this area probably involving perps still on the run with knives.

Last edited:
The news around this sounds ominous and terrible.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

London Bridge, multiple fatalities. Bourogh Market, multiple stabings and gunshots. Vauxhall, unknown incident..

BBC now saying 5 incidents with at least 3 terrorists.

Now two incidents...started on London Bridge then drove to Borough Market...

3 arrests maybe 2 being looked for. Shots fired by police...maybe one perp dead.

Hi,
I have a feeling that the election is going to be suspended/postponed - in view of what has just happened in London.
May and the rest of the cabinet will have Cobra meetings today and will be too busy to electioneer and appear on chat shows.
Cheers
Steve

And one prospective Prime minister would open dialogue with these mudering animals!

And one prospective Prime minister would open dialogue with these mudering animals!

I think that the timing of these attacks (Manchester and London Bridge) are not coincidental, instead they are aimed at giving further impetus to the campaign of those who advocate complete withdrawal of British troops from the Middle East as means of providing security to the UK.

These are not lone wolf attacks, and I suspect that it is not easy for ISIS to achieve viable terror networks under the watchful eye of MI5/MI6.

The fact that they 'spent' two such networks in a matter of days suggests that they are willing to 'sacrifice' what is for them precious resources in order to influence the outcome of the elections in the UK.

Perhaps in the same way that Al-Qaida did in Madrid in 2004, when 190 people died in a series of train bombings just before the Spanish general elections (which ended-up with Spain indeed withdrawing their troops from the Coalition in Iraq as Al-Qaida demamded).

On the plus side, ISIS can't have too many of these terror networks left here in the UK, and they seem to be using-up all their ammunition in the run-up to the elections.

So regardless of the outcome of the elections, I expect things will calm down after Friday.

Sadly this is not much of a consolation for those affected by last night's horrific terror attack.

Last edited:
Another 6 families lives turned upside down (And the 48 injured). What an awful situation this is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really struggle towing the PC line on days like this, I do try, but it seems to be getting significantly harder as the years go by. :(

I really struggle towing the PC line on days like this, I do try, but it seems to be getting significantly harder as the years go by. :(

Agreed. But then I feel that this may well be exactly what these people want? They want us to react with violence and hatred to justify their own appalling acts.

For sure, they do not want "us" on this planet and will stop at nothing to try and achieve this.

Markjay. I wonder if you give them too much credit here? I see a group of disenchanted young yobs, seeking their 15 minutes of fame. Believing that in doing what they do, they will reach a level of greatness not available to others. ISIS will take credit for the opening of a Taxi Door if they think it furthers their cause.

...Markjay. I wonder if you give them too much credit here? I see a group of disenchanted young yobs, seeking their 15 minutes of fame. Believing that in doing what they do, they will reach a level of greatness not available to others. ISIS will take credit for the opening of a Taxi Door if they think it furthers their cause.

This is probably true for 'lone wolf' attacks like the one in Westminster Bridge.

But the last two attacks seem well planned, and the perpetrators were two independent groups. This is quite an achievement for ISIS.

I expect that the recent method was chosen locally by the perpetrators, after analysing the Westminster Bridge attack. But the timing came direct from Iraq.

Also the choice of targets is not coincidental, in their eyes these reflect the promiscuous and alcohol driven Western life style. I suspect that by choosing these targets they can more easy recruit religious people for suicide missions.

In times of conventional war, historically, PC goes out of the window. Attacks on the kingdom, government and public would be treated as treason. Suspects would be interned in a secluded, safe location. Safe, that is, for the people of the country fighting to save it.

Googling shows there are prominent people starting to talk about internment as one measure to help prevent terrorism and save lives. Here's a nice article from the BBC expressing the very first internment camps in WWII were racecourses, unfinished housing estates and the Isle of Man. Maybe some tenor Scottish islands would be suitable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peopleswar/timeline/factfiles/nonflash/a6651858.shtml

In times of conventional war, historically, PC goes out of the window. Attacks on the kingdom, government and public would be treated as treason. Suspects would be interned in a secluded, safe location. Safe, that is, for the people of the country fighting to save it.

Googling shows there are prominent people starting to talk about internment as one measure to help prevent terrorism and save lives. Here's a nice article from the BBC expressing the very first internment camps in WWII were racecourses, unfinished housing estates and the Isle of Man. Maybe some tenor Scottish islands would be suitable.

BBC - WW2 People's War - Timeline

When internment was introduced in NI in 1971 things really kicked off.

1972 was the worst single year in the "troubles"...476 people died (in a pop. of about 1.6m people at the time). Be careful what you wish for.

When internment was introduced in NI in 1971 things really kicked off.

1972 was the worst single year in the "troubles"...476 people died (in a pop. of about 1.6m people at the time). Be careful what you wish for.

In that context... we didn't 'pull out' from NI in response to the IRA's attacks in Manchester and London - so why are we thinking about pulling-out of the Middle East now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom