Indoor car storage around Greater Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk208

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS
Hi folks,

Looking at the dreary, damp and rainy weather out there and thinking I really could do with storing one of my older cars somewhere indoors and dry for the worst of the Winter. My drive is quite open to the street so a carcoon not really an option.

I've seen a couple of classic car storage places on the web but don't think they are quite right for me as you have to leave them with a set of keys (always strikes fear into me) and they need a couple of days notice if you want to come pick it up and take it for a spin.

Tried phoning a couple of self storage places and they only seem to have outdoor parking for vehicles/caravans, nothing indoors. A search on the property portals shows nothing even like lock up garages available in any half decent area.

Anyone aware of any indoor self storage for cars in the North West?

Hi folks,

Looking at the dreary, damp and rainy weather out there and thinking I really could do with storing one of my older cars somewhere indoors and dry for the worst of the Winter. My drive is quite open to the street so a carcoon not really an option.

I've seen a couple of classic car storage places on the web but don't think they are quite right for me as you have to leave them with a set of keys (always strikes fear into me) and they need a couple of days notice if you want to come pick it up and take it for a spin.

Tried phoning a couple of self storage places and they only seem to have outdoor parking for vehicles/caravans, nothing indoors. A search on the property portals shows nothing even like lock up garages available in any half decent area.

Anyone aware of any indoor self storage for cars in the North West?

Any chance you could rent a garage from your local council?

Good suggestion. I had no idea the council did this but a some of the local authorities advertise the service on their websites. Will contact them and see what's available.

Lancashire Car Storage have locations in Manchester and Kirkham. I looked at their Kirkham premises and they seemed OK and are expanding. They had a lot of high end cars in there so were obviously trusted by a lot of people. I think you will find that a lot of storage companies will want your keys and a couple of days notice for removal - this seems to be standard. I didn't need the facility in the end but I would probably use them. One advantage is that the owner is heavily into his Mercs. Best looking at a few of these places to see if they suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom