Info on mud flaps W124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Hi would any member know of a good place to get a set of mud flaps for the W124 these i have are not very good ,and are little dated now. .Just want to make the car look a little nicer .Thinking on the moulded rubber type .As i am fitting new wings i will want to replace the mud flaps with better ones. Any ideas and may be a picture .And from were you purchased them from. Thank you ..

I know nothing about these cars, had to google what a W124 was :doh: but that place by me in Rushden, Northants has loads of these parked on the ground they own. Maybe they'll have spares or at least know where to get some. Unfortunately I don't know the name of the business

Edit~ H A Lock is the name of the place

As far as I'm aware, these are not available new from Mercedes, I asked a while ago and they said not

If you find a source of new post here as is love some too!

I know nothing about these cars, had to google what a W124 was :doh: but that place by me in Rushden, Northants has loads of these parked on the ground they own. Maybe they'll have spares or at least know where to get some. Unfortunately I don't know the name of the business

Edit~ H A Lock is the name of the place
Thank you as i need other bits , it may be worth a call to him

They are NLA at the dealers (well were when I asked in 2011)

I got a genuine new-old-stock set from euromerc a few years back that i fitted to mine.

There are several ebayers that pop up with ones properly moulded for W124. I got a set for my wife's W124 and they were good. alas I dont have a link to the seller. This was a couple of years ago too. They were the same shape (more or less) as the originals, but didnt have the pressed Mercedes star on them.

I need a set for mine thinking about it as I lost one somewhere....

quick search found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-...082889?hash=item43e71a81c9:g:u3UAAOSwT5tWQH1S

be aware the rears are different for estate than saloon FWIW

Sorry but thanks , i have them on now , they are like so out of date looking .But do the job they were made for. Moulded rubbrer is what i need.

Could you explain how mud flaps can look "out of date" please?

24432d1309429177-124-coupe-claddings-mb-e320-coupe-b.jpg

SilverSaloon said:
They are NLA at the dealers (well were when I asked in 2011) I got a genuine new-old-stock set from euromerc a few years back that i fitted to mine. There are several ebayers that pop up with ones properly moulded for W124. I got a set for my wife's W124 and they were good. alas I dont have a link to the seller. This was a couple of years ago too. They were the same shape (more or less) as the originals, but didnt have the pressed Mercedes star on them. I need a set for mine thinking about it as I lost one somewhere.... quick search found these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-E-Class-W124-Mudflaps-1993-1995-Set-of-4-/291640082889?hash=item43e71a81c9:g:u3UAAOSwT5tWQH1S be aware the rears are different for estate than saloon FWIW

Also pre and post facelift when they changed to lower body cladding, and if you're being really picky sportline cars drag non sportline mudflaps on the ground if I remember correctly

Thanks for the link, they really don't look genuine as the vendor suggests though

Could you explain how mud flaps can look "out of date" please?

24432d1309429177-124-coupe-claddings-mb-e320-coupe-b.jpg

The whole car's out of date del, that's what makes it an absolute classic. :):):D

The Classics Center in Irvine California had them in 2013, I got a set but haven't put them on yet...

not genuine as they just have a circle where the star would be but a good alternative

Well i can put this another way .I just want another type because i dont like mine,.If you like the ones that are on your car ,fine .I will just keep looking .At £75 for them on ebay i dont think so. The price of some items for the w124 are like gold dust .

Mercedes for some reason don't like doing mudflaps, I've looked everywhere ( No OE flaps available) for my C207 with AMG package without success . The underside of my rear bumper is peppered with stonechips.

I ordered a set of flaps as pictured below on my estate back in February 2012 from MB - the Finchley Road branch as I remember - and received them pretty quickly. The cost was £24 per pair - didn't have to take the wheels off to fit them.

I made a note of the part numbers, so you could always try ordering them that way.

MB6 6 52 8132 front pair
MB6 652 8134 rear pair

Tried to get the proper rubber mats but NLA, luckily managed to find a set of new old stock on eBay, but the flaps were definitely in the system in 2012...

Mudflaps.jpg

Moth sorry for the late reply , as the war depot [wife ] was away in hospital having a second holiday to fit hip no 2 . Those flaps are beautiful .But my car as no side moulding as it was generation 1 . Very nice

Oh yes, you have a 'proper' 124... I hadn't read your posts properly. OK, sorry I can't help but the right part always turns up eventually if you are obsessed enough!

I must admit I prefer the earliest models, they have a great 'period' young-timer look now and are of course more rare.

Hope your wife's back on her feet soon, until then get out the hoover and make yourself useful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom