Info - W219 / W211 Changer Pocket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OneTwoNine

Car
CLS 320 CDi
I'm removing the command system completely out of my CLS but I still want full use of the pocket where the CD changer sits.

Does anyone know how to get this to work without the CD changer / command fitted or know the parts I need to be able to make this work.

All help will be greatly appreciated cause Mercedes do not want to help with exploded diagrams for the W211 console without the CD changer and part numbers and prices.

Thanks in advance.

Have a search, been covered several times and once fairly recently too. Fix is a DIY bodge but does work, from memory doesn't work from the button on the door though.

Apart from a poorly scanned hand drawn diagram off a home made bypass there is no actual information regarding this.

Reading I can't do it, isn't really helpful.

If someone has a car that came from factory without the cd changer than all I need is the part numbers off the changer if someone is willing to remove the setup and get the part numbers off it.

Apart from a poorly scanned hand drawn diagram off a home made bypass there is no actual information regarding this.

Reading I can't do it, isn't really helpful.

If someone has a car that came from factory without the cd changer than all I need is the part numbers off the changer if someone is willing to remove the setup and get the part numbers off it.

You've got all the info there is and you need, moaning isn't going to change that!

I've recently looked into this when fitting a Kenwood headunit to an 04 W211. The info is out there but it's hard to find.

The door is controlled by the canbus network and the button panel. When the button is pressed a canbus message is send to the Command/Audio20 head unit. If it safe to open the door then a message is send back to the button panel. The button panel will then supply power to the motor (underneath the CD Changer where the MOST cables plug in) and the door will open. When it reaches it's limit a micro switch will disconnect the power. Pressing the button again will do the same, this time reversing the power so the door closes.

What this means is that without the Command/Audio 20 headunit the door will not operate from the original button. It makes no difference if you have the CD Changer or not. The door and motor are the same. You can remove the CD Changer and replace it with a single din pocket.

To get it to work the options are:-
Wire up the Command/Audio 20 headunit in the boot so it's still connected to the network.
Use the two relay wiring diagram or another circuit that will reverse the polarity to a motor. Something similar to an electric window circuit. You will need to install a new switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom