Installing Origin B2 in 2002 W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cidersurfer

Hello from the newbie!
I've just got myself a 52 plate C270 CDI and i'm trying to work out where to install my Origin B2. I've done a search through the archives and the ashtray seems like a good location. I would like to hardwire it into the car as using the power socket in the centre console won't allow the drawer to close. So, where would be the easiest place to source the power from?
Thanks in advance, excellent site by the way...
Chris :D

Please see my reply on this thread:

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12348

The easiest place to get 12v from is the back of the headunit *shudder*, the best place to get it from is the fusebox in the engine bay. Remember to make sure the fuse is correct for the application no matter where you get the power from! :)

cidersurfer said:
Hello from the newbie!
I've just got myself a 52 plate C270 CDI and i'm trying to work out where to install my Origin B2. I've done a search through the archives and the ashtray seems like a good location. I would like to hardwire it into the car as using the power socket in the centre console won't allow the drawer to close. So, where would be the easiest place to source the power from?
Thanks in advance, excellent site by the way...
Chris :D

personally , i had mine mounted below the A pillar next to the instrument cluster on the dashboard.

Best place in a w203 to get ignition switched power from is the cigarette lighter socket.

Unfortunately on a W203 , the head unit is controlled by the D2b Bus waking and putting it to sleep when needed. There is no switched power going to the w203 radio headunit what so ever...

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7173&highlight=ashtray

Last edited:
I did a combination of those two suggestions.
B2 in the ashtray -and power from the wires that feed the cigar lighter. Having even the empty cradle on show is an invitation to scally's to break in looking for stowed away portable devices.

Okay. Thanks for the info so far. How/where do I get access to the cigar lighter wires?

tap into the cig lighter supply,when you lift the cover around the gear lever the cable run along the left under the console,negative,ignition feed,and illumination feed

:bannana: Got it done. Thanks for the help! :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom