Insurance Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

QUTSELL

Car
Mercedes C180
20 something in November we had the day of ice on screens,well this chap did not in my opinion clear his screen,rear end smash, resulting accident,our car written off,the day prior to the accident,i had all minor parts,glow plugs,air mass sensor,oil filter,oil replaced,and brakes sorted,at a cost of aprox £800.the next day car removed to a scrap yard by insurance co. three days later offer received for the write off,(not stating what I was offered) but after objecting to the value that we were offered a second offer this was made increasing value by £200,i told the insurance agent to go and purchase me a car to replace our one for the write off value,reply,that is the book value,we in the end were virtualy forced to accept there offer,after quite a few phone calls,we received a cheque,that finaly cleared the bank yesterday,there is no chance of buying a replacement car for the amount given,and after years of paying insurance out without any claim,this was a lesson,so Mr Woolf,i don't need a taxi, nor will Morag help,but next year I will make certain I pick and chose were I insure the next car

Have you uninsured loss recovery on your policy? If so might be worth chasing for the unrecovered costs you have suffered.

As a (presumably) no fault claim you should be put back into the position you were in prior to the accident, it may be worth checking you Home insurance policy as well, it may include free legal advice.

If still unhappy try lodging a claim with the Insurance Ombudsman : insuring and buying cars

PS: Breaking your post up in to paragraphs would make it easier to read :thumb:

I wrote off my CL420 (many many moons ago) having just spent £640 on a set of new tyres at the time. So I know how it feels when the insurance company says that doesn't count towards the value of the car.

Sorry to hear about your situation OP. It's a shame you didn't manage to get a photo of the other car's windscreen showing it was not properly defrosted (which is illegal for this very reason).

In general insurance companys,quote a premimum quite cheap,then you find all the bumph on the TV adverts are just that. PS that accident was caught on CCTV so no argument there.

In general insurance companys,quote a premimum quite cheap,then you find all the bumph on the TV adverts are just that. PS that accident was caught on CCTV so no argument there.
ok that's good, at least you get your excess back, if you had to fork that out first. Also the hit on the insurance premium won't be as high if it was a 50/50 claim. but the main thing is that nobody was hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom