Insurance Renewal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markymerc

Car
C Class Estate AMG Sport
Just renewed my cars for another year. Merc is £209 fully comp including commuting 6000 miles per year 10 NCB. Corsa is £198 fully comp including business use 15000 miles per year 11 NCB. That's me and the long haired general. I have a TS20 from last year. With Admiral. Been with them for years even claimed through them some years ago and can't fault them.

I find Admiral to be a very strange insurance company................my wife once had our son on her policy, he unfortunately had 3 accidents in 2 years. At renewal she requested a quote from Admiral who stated they would not insure her due to making 3 claims despite none of the accidents being hers. They were however happy to insure my son who had 3 accidents but no claims.

Another crazy policy........... I had an online quote from Admiral, cant now remember the exact figure but lets say it was £300. I get a call from them re my wife and her 3 claims which I hadn't declared as they weren't accidents, quote goes up to £400. Ok I said in that case I will take my wife off the quote, Admiral then tell me the quote is £500.....go figure.

David

I got my wife a little run around and added the car to the Admiral multi-car policy. Its in her name with no NCB with me as a named driver and it came in at £229 FC with business use for her. They then gave me £20 back as a discount on my 2 cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom