Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
T

tanuie

Just renewed my car insurance with Hastings Direct for £209.85, not to bad i thought for fully comp.

You've got this all wrong.

The agreed stance is that they are robbing swines who feed off the loyal punter and never pay out anyway.

Must try harder. :D

The agreed stance is that they are robbing swines who feed off the loyal punter and never pay out anyway.

That's what they are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phowa... he's just another kind-hearted lefty.... he should read the Daily Mail more often :cool:

Hastings Direct quoted me £317.57

Just renewed my car insurance with Hastings Direct for £209.85, not to bad i thought for fully comp.
....did u check yer policy for what u get or don't as the case may be ??!!.. for anything other than a classic 10 year plus old merc most people would pay 350-450.. best I got was 362 from the AA on a silver member basis.. foxy52

Most companies appear generous with their first year quotes and price.
Wait until you get your renewal after year 1 or year 2.
That is when you change companies and play the game.

Its no good trying to compare prices with the same model either. Its a postcode lottery based on risk.

I insured with Tesco last year for £327. This years renewal is £401 so phoned them to cancel the renewal. Went on a comparison website and the cheapest was Tesco again for £296. Nice.

AA , fully comp, protected NCD, 90 days full European cover, £273.

It looks to me as insurance has come down quite a lot this year. The Merc's not due till January but with the Range Rover coming up in October, I thought I'd have a look around.

Currently with Admiral at £330 so a quick Meercat and Admiral are now £245. I thought I'd also look at Aviva, who don't sully themselves with comparison sites, and low and behold £225. That's a 4.2 Supercharged, fully comp, 3000 miles a year, retired and for me and SWMBO. Our post code is one of the safest in the country and there's an outcry if someones garden gnome goes missing, so that makes a big difference; not the gnome, the post code.

Seems like have got some ringing around to do.

Last year £318, renewal just arrived.......£428.

A 33% increase with zero change in circumstances. :confused:

Ironically, my motorcycle is due at the same time and has marginally reduced.

Sorry, any idea if it makes any difference if request quotes at start of month or towards end.

Last edited:
....did u check yer policy for what u get or don't as the case may be ??!!.. for anything other than a classic 10 year plus old merc most people would pay 350-450.. best I got was 362 from the AA on a silver member basis.. foxy52

Hi, Yes did check policy and it covered everything that i wanted.

£450 renewal up from £400 last year with no change in circs. Full NCB and clean licence.

Even taking into account IPT increase and Insurers factoring in Ogden changes (which will go back in their favour imminently) that's a pee take.

Despite shopping around best I could get is my broker waiving their fee so just over £430.

If that's competition from the market, move to a centralised fund and do away with these greedy, self serving, pant pulling, jokers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its going up my renewal was £50 higher than last year with no change to circumstances.
Now shopping around

How does that work? How do they know how long you've been away? Do you have to inform them every time?

No, you get a total of 90 days in the 12 months of insurance, I suppose if you were to be away any longer the onus is on you to let them know. We usually have 2x 5/6 weeks most years, so it suits us, some companies only give a month, and charge more for longer. I Suppose they could check your ferry or tunnel tickets if you had a knock, to see how long you'd been there.:dk:

Last edited:
ANPR at the channel tunnel and ferry ports.

Big brother is always watching us.

I'm not sure that insurance firms have access to that data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom