Insurnce - 2 cars - No claim bonus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ajayjain

Car
c class
Hi,
Need some advice on insurance for my new mb car
I already got golf with 9 yrs no claim bonus

Can I use my ncb on both cars
if not how can i transfer my ncb on new car (got different ins. co.)
What is the difference between a main driver and additional driver
My wife do not have ncb, never driven any car before but got license
i was wondering if she can drive old car but if i show her as main driver with 0 ncb then ins. premium is high but if i show her as additional driver then permium is very low like nothing.
do additional driver gets ncb certificates
What should i do ?

Hi,

Can I use my ncb on both cars
if not how can i transfer my ncb on new car (got different ins. co.)
What is the difference between a main driver and additional driver
My wife do not have ncb, never driven any car before but got license
i was wondering if she can drive old car but if i show her as main driver with 0 ncb then ins. premium is high but if i show her as additional driver then permium is very low like nothing.
do additional driver gets ncb certificates
What should i do ?

Best solution would be to look at some form of Multi-car policy, many of those insurers will allow the NCB to be matched on both cars but then allow each car to have it's own NCB moving forward.

You can't use the same NCB for 2 cars.

Some insurers will allow an introductory bonus on a second car if its insured with them, based on their experience with you insuring the first car.

Alternatively some insurers will agree to "mirror" the NCB for the second car, but that means if you have an accident in one car, both sets of NCB are affected.

Quite a few insurers will now allow a named driver to earn their own no claim bonus while they are listed on the policy of another main driver, but you would need to check with the insurers to be sure.

Off the top of my head I think Admiral and Direct line do this .. there may be others as well

A multi -car policy would be your easiest option. If not some companies allow you to 'mirror' your existing NCB onto another policy. A Plan insurance did this for me when I insured my Transit van, as commercials could not be put on my multi car policy.

I think you'll find that mileage varies with this because the concept of 'NCD' is so divorced from actual claims reality these days.

If you have a good actual claims history then your 'NCD' position should be negotiable with some insurers - in effect they'll be willing to discount without the shifty NCD sham to get/keep your business.

It's worth speaking to your existing insurer if you've already got one car with them and you want to use the same drivers on both. Modern marketing parlance is 'multi-car' but the reality is that prior to them 'discovering' this concept they were already doing it for years through straightforward traditional over the phone discounting.

I've had NCB mirrored on 2nd cars in the past as mentioned before. How they could possibly affect your real NCB in the event of a claim though I have no idea? The two companies would have nothing to do with each other.
When you reach the 'any NCB to use?' question, simply state that you have none but have x years being used on another car. Many companies will offer something.

Alternatively try a multicar policy - I'm with Admiral - but they only seem to be competitive at 3 cars +

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom