Interesting films to see?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dieselman said:
I'm not sure about that one. ;)

It's really rather good! Don't knock it til you've watched it. Unless you know better of course.
Add winking smiley.

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 (can't remember what it's called) are great movies - that Alien Resurrection is pants.

Alien 3 is quite possibly the most underrated film ever I think its a great film. I don't know why nobody else likes it

Aliens, the second part is excellent :thumb:

I thought Olympus has Fallen was pretty good, nice to see the Yanks get a bit of a kicking :bannana:

About Time , feelgood film , certainly makes you think about your day
similar to Groundhog Day .
Gravity was good but without a Bigscreen cinema and 3D I wouldn't bother
Life is Beautiful, Italian + subtitles takes a while to get going

The Brass Teapot, very funny.

How about these two as a double bill…..

102623.1020.A.jpg

speed_______________11.jpg

Interesting that David Fincher the director has disowned the film.

Interesting that David Fincher the director has disowned the film.

And do you know why?

If you watch the documentaries it explains it was butchered out of his control edited, scripts changed and so on. The extended version restores a lot of the film back to his original vision.

Filth is becoming one of my best films of the year

And do you know why?

If you watch the documentaries it explains it was butchered out of his control edited, scripts changed and so on. The extended version restores a lot of the film back to his original vision.

I did know why , it's interesting isn't it ?

The alien films ( first three ) absolutely fascinate me , everything about them is so perfect , the monster , the cast , the sets , the cinematography , everything.

Been a lifelong obsession of mine :) :eek:

I did know why , it's interesting isn't it ?

The alien films ( first three ) absolutely fascinate me , everything about them is so perfect , the monster , the cast , the sets , the cinematography , everything.

Been a lifelong obsession of mine :) :eek:

Nothing to do with Ripley's pussy then?

Nothing to do with Ripley's pussy then?

It's so ginger and well groomed. I'd want to stroke it at every opportunity.

Tonight 2340 Film4

Seven Samurai | Film review and movie reviews | Radio Times

Seven Samurai

Seven_Samurai.jpg

Reviewed By David Parkinson

5 out of 5

One of the undisputed masterpieces of world cinema, Akira Kurosawa's epic was inspired by the westerns of John Ford and had the compliment repaid with John Sturges's classic reworking, The Magnificent Seven.

Showered with international awards, the film is a mesmerising combination of historical detail, spectacular action and poignant humanism. Over 18 months in production, it has been described as "a tapestry of motion", with the final battle standing out for its audacious use of moving camera, telephoto lenses, variegated film speeds and precision editing. Takashi Shimura and Toshiro Mifune are the pick of an excellent cast, but it's the director's genius that leaves the truly lasting impression.

Plot Summary

Classic action drama starring Takashi Shimura and Toshiro Mifune. In the 17th century, the inhabitants of a small Japanese village hire samurai warriors to defend their property from an annual raid by ruthless bandits.

http://www.radiotimes.com/film/4786/national-lampoons-animal-house

Tonight

10:35pm - 12:35am,ITV, STV

Animal House
National_Lampoon_s_Animal_House.jpg

It spawned a number of puerile spin-offs, but this cheerfully vulgar offering deserves the status of comedy classic. As well as providing John Belushi with his best ever role, it also helped launch the career of a number of rising young actors (Kevin Bacon, Tom Hulce, Peter Riegert), not to mention director John Landis and co-writer Harold Ramis, who went on to star with Bill Murray in the Ghost Busters movies and direct him in the hilarious Groundhog Day.

There's not much of a plot to speak of: at a US college in the early 1960s, dean John Vernon decides to remove the depraved Delta House fraternity from the campus; Belushi and his fellow students decide to fight back. Everyone remembers the food fight, but the film is crammed with smart sight gags and one-liners, and Belushi's incomprehensible rallying speech at the end is quite wonderful.

Last edited:
Just back from seeing Noah.

What a complete unmitigated, hopeless POS.

Worst flick I've seen for ages. About twice too long with a plot that meanders to nowhere. The Ents showed up dressed in rocks & I think I saw Steve Carell in the wet multitude. I swear time stopped during this film. Russell Crowe must cringe every time he thinks about it.

I feel violated, like I was robbed of my money & my time. If I hadn't been with my kids I'd have walked out. My son was ready to bail, my daughter insisted we wait to see if there were any giraffes as she felt that might in some small way redeem it.

She likes giraffes. There weren't any.

Very strong avoid.

Just back from seeing Noah.

What a complete unmitigated, hopeless POS.

Worst flick I've seen for ages. About twice too long with a plot that meanders to nowhere. The Ents showed up dressed in rocks & I think I saw Steve Carell in the wet multitude. I swear time stopped during this film. Russell Crowe must cringe every time he thinks about it.

I feel violated, like I was robbed of my money & my time. If I hadn't been with my kids I'd have walked out. My son was ready to bail, my daughter insisted we wait to see if there were any giraffes as she felt that might in some small way redeem it.

She likes giraffes. There weren't any.

Very strong avoid.

Tried to listen to (I really love myself lot's. I bet you do too) Russel Crowe being interviewed about it. He described it as an "Epic". Fell asleep shortly after that. Rain, Animals, Big boat, The end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom