Interior Build Quality on AMG C-Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRIVER200

Car
C43 AMG Estate
Interested to know how you feel about the interior build quality on C-Class AMG cars versus the standard C-Class range or are they the same? Also read that a bit plasticy but other reports say junior S Class quality!!

Blimey man, you faff more than my wife.

Go and sit in one in a showroom and have a fiddle.

Personally I can't live with the ipod design thing that's stuck to the dash but that seems the way forward these days not just with MB.

The AMG models are built on the same production line as the others, albeit the engines are shipped in from Affalterbach in crates. The interior is the same although some trim pieces may have subtle differences in design details, eg logos. The quality is fundamentally the same though, which is no bad thing.

It's funny that I hated the iPad on the dash but after living with it for 6 weeks its grown on me. I also disliked the brushed aluminium trim on the doors and the piano black centre consoles of the standard cars, but I have the open pore black ash on the doors and centre console and it looks great. The C63 has nappa leather sports seats in chilli and black which lifts the whole interior.

I don't think the C63 interior is quite as solid as my S5 Sportback, but it's equal quality and a far more modern layout (but I'm biased to the Merc layout this being my 4th Merc.)

RR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom