Interior leather colour, need some help deciding!

Leather colour

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KLP 92

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes S600, SL600, C250TD
As most of you know i'm retrimming the entire interior on the SEC, and originally opted for a cream/peach colour for the seats.

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=31584

Having seen the leather colour in the flesh on a large hide i think it may look a tad too much on the biscuit side, and after a few years look light brown! Anyway as i know the trimmers they are moe than happy to send the leather back and change it for something else so i'm having a dilemna. I need to decide on an interior colour by the end of the week!

The door cards/dash/carpets/roof lining are going to be done in black, its just the seats and door card inserts that will be in a different colour.

My options for colour are:

1. Light Cream- similar to the Brabus i owned: http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=30367

2. Black- well the whole interior will be black then, may too dark. trimmers reckon this will look the nuts, but i'm not sure. They suggested a dark grey piping, and grey thread stitching on the door cards and dash etc. They reckon it will look awesome with the colour coded look.

Other colours i have considered are:

3. Maroon- an acquired taste, but i do like it. Have a look at shazAMG's : http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=23310

4. Dark plum- as seen in the new MB designo range, really nice deep purple/black color, not too sure how it will contrast with the black though!

Now as i'm back in square 1, all you input will be greatly appreciated! he only prob with red/purple interior is that its not everyones cup of tea, and when i do get round to selling the car, its hard enough with the mods already done!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
KillerHERTZ said:
Gotta be black m8!

Don't you reckon it may get a bit too dark, especially with the black headlining?

Since ive had my current car, im a complete fan of black interiors

I dont think you have to worry about selling time, I reackon it could cause the first MBclub fight judging by the reackon from everyone thats seen your car :D

I voted Plum, think it would look fantastic. Following that Shaz's Red Nappa looks lovely but I don't think it would look right on the SEC.

Plum appears to look classier, more in keeping with the SEC. Otherwise go for the light cream.

Can't wait to see pics. I've heared good stuff about D Class, do they do other stuff or is it just leather trimming?

A-AvantGarde said:
I voted Plum, think it would look fantastic. Following that Shaz's Red Nappa looks lovely but I don't think it would look right on the SEC.

Plum appears to look classier, more in keeping with the SEC. Otherwise go for the light cream.

Can't wait to see pics. I've heared good stuff about D Class, do they do other stuff or is it just leather trimming?

D Class will retrim any car in any material. They've started to do sound system installation, customised bodywork and window tints as well.

The only prob i see with the plum is how it will contrast with the black carpets/door cards etc.

I decided a creamy colour as i've done it before and knows it works well.

The moe i think about the less likely i am to get it done in black. After spending all that money on the interior it will still look too standard, besides every other SEC has a black leather interior!

If you wanted to see how black and cream looks, do a bit of searching on Jaguar XJ's. Many of them seem to have cream leather and black carpets and it looks very classy.

Beware of straying into "pimpmobile" territory with plum. In general darker body colours need a lighter interior for contrast and vice versa. Thats why the darker red works so well in shazs CLK. What about "mushroom"---sort of light grey offered by MB at time your car was produced.

None of them, how about a nice dark blue, just to throw something different into the pot. Certainly a dark colour, imo, would suit best, but I find black a bit depressing, espesially when the rest is black.

grober said:
Beware of straying into "pimpmobile" territory with plum. In general darker body colours need a lighter interior for contrast and vice versa. Thats why the darker red works so well in shazs CLK. What about "mushroom"---sort of light grey offered by MB at time your car was produced.

I'hate light grey leather, it feels cold and i just don't like it. (Hence the reason i've spent all that time ripping the old grey seats out!:D )

I can see your valid point, the car is already looking that way and the interior will do it no favours. If i go for black, it will be too black, the only contrast on the car will be the exterior chrome and polished lips on the wheels. I'll be getting similar probs on plum as well.

The only prob is thats its hard to imagine what it will come out like in certain colours. Its an awful lot of money to spend and at the end you're not happy with it, its the reason why i decided to have a poll!

Black on black looks really good too.

What overall feel do you want from the car?

KLP 92 said:
I'hate light grey leather, it feels cold and i just don't like it. (Hence the reason i've spent all that time ripping the old grey seats out!:D )

I can see your valid point, the car is already looking that way and the interior will do it no favours. If i go for black, it will be too black, the only contrast on the car will be the exterior chrome and polished lips on the wheels. I'll be getting similar probs on plum as well.

The only prob is thats its hard to imagine what it will come out like in certain colours. Its an awful lot of money to spend and at the end you're not happy with it, its the reason why i decided to have a poll!

FAIR ENOUGH. In the end its your car and you have to live with the final colour. I would go for the light cream then 100%.:cool: :cool:

KLP 92 said:
Don't you reckon it may get a bit too dark, especially with the black headlining?
Unfortunately I agree with you,
Fuzzer very kindly made an effort to photograph the interior of his vehicle. Unfortunately the pictures he took did not give an overall view of the interior, but what views they did give were not to my very personal liking. :eek: :eek: I am very much aware it is Fuzzer's car, his choice, and obviously something he likes, each to their own and respect to him for his choice.

A totally all black interior in my opinion is simply far to overpowering. It needs contrast, but if there is a lot of black, then there will be all sorts of problems.

Good luck with the decision and thanks for keeping us informed,

Regards
John

I think it has to be something other than black, but that colour only you can decide.

glojo said:
Unfortunately I agree with you,
Fuzzer very kindly made an effort to photograph the interior of his vehicle. Unfortunately the pictures he took did not give an overall view of the interior, but what views they did give were not to my very personal liking. :eek: :eek: I am very much aware it is Fuzzer's car, his choice, and obviously something he likes, each to their own and respect to him for his choice.

A totally all black interior in my opinion is simply far to overpowering. It needs contrast, but if there is a lot of black, then there will be all sorts of problems.

Good luck with the decision and thanks for keeping us informed,

Regards
John

Anthricite headlining is indeed an aquired taste. I really like it , however , wouldnt be too disappointed if someone took my car away and gave me one with cream all over :) then i wouldnt really complain.

KLP , go and look at a BMW , there will be loads of sport models with black and black. Its pretty standard fare to be honest on the other side. Go and test it for yourself :)

I would definately go for a light headlining, maybe even white... My W123 was white from factory and i think it looks very classy...

jaymanek said:
I would definately go for a light headlining, maybe even white... My W123 was white from factory and i think it looks very classy...

I'm trying to find a picture of a SEC with black leather interior. The headling would be white, just want to picture how they did it.

Struggling to find a picture though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom