Interior light switch and door light issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AHVANRIJN

Car
W124 300CE-24 1990
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and I couldn't find a forum thread that had the same issue I have so that's why I create a new one :rolleyes:

WHAT WORKS WITH DOORS OPEN (all interior):

• No interaction with center console light switch
  • Roof light
  • Left and right door lights

PROBLEM WITH DOORS CLOSED (all interior)

• When activating center console light switch, you hear a high pitch sound (like re-charging a speed light for a camera) and then only the door lights tun on/off depending the switches position.
  • When activating center console light switch, the Roof light DOESN'T work at all

QUICK FIX WITH DOORS CLOSED (all interior)

• Remove light bulbs in both left and right doors
  • When activating center console light switch, the Roof light WORKS just fine on/off depending on center console light switch position

WHAT I WANT TO ACHIEVE WITH DOORS CLOSED (all interior)

• When activating center console light switch, Roof Light AND both LEFT and RIGHT door lights turn on/off depending on switches position, with the light bulbs still in left and right doors of course...

I tried clarifying my problem as much as I could. I hope there is a solution for this, because I like it when the door lights are functional at nights...

Looking forward to your replies :D

No-body here knows whats wrong? :(

Check all fuses, the ends of the fuses and the fuse holder to make sure the are clean and making a good contact.
Check the door light pin switches, both sides, by wiggling them to see if this causes the light to work, the will need to be removed and there wiring checked as well.
Example… 95 E320 Convertible door jamb switches - Mercedes-Benz Forum

When either door is opened… depending on which position the centre consol switch is at… does the courtesy light come on?

The centre consol switch that’s making the noise needs to be removed and examined, are you sure the noise is coming from the switch?

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom