Intermittant rev limiter kicking in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
Could some one suggest the problem & how to rectify.

1 The car was working well before I touched it

I changed the oil & filters on my CL203 today, 5.5 ltrs of Shell Helix, Bosch fuel filter & Mann oil filter.

I used a fuel filter which I 'd had on my shelf for a while & filled with a diesel redex mix before refitting the fuel pipes, then went to the supermarket, the car would only rev to 3000.

I bought a second filter (hengst) and filled this time with neat Forte injector cleaner, I started the car it revved up to 4000 on the driveway, I then went to pick up Mrs Dave & the engine ran normally including a pull up a fairly steep hill, a mile or so later after a 40mph run over level ground I stopped at a roundabout, wen to pull away & hardly any power again 3000 top revs

Anyone ?:dk::dk:

Any error codes or warnings on dash? ...

Would suggest code reading the car to help you out in diagnosis.

im sure that wise sage ! dieselman will be along to suggest a remedy soon

Thank you, I hope that Dieselman will respond, I'm tempted to think that the diesel redex mix may have been thick & gummed up the injectors, then the neat forte injector cleaner cleaned the nozzles a little. I drove the car to work this morning & it seemed ok although a little sluggish.

D

You need to get it plugged in firstly.

Thanks Olly,

Got the car plugged in & it showed there to be low pressure at the EGR, so I'll check see ho easy it is to remove & clean also get a new vac pipe

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom