Internet Detective Required to catch UK Parts Scammer [email protected]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Am I missing something here? The whole point of the thread is , you spent £120 on goods which you did not receive. You now want to "buy" something for less , in the hope of getting a return address . If the guy is a scammer , he obviously does not send anything to anyone. Given the highly probable link that he is the person convicted for violence over £10 , I would think your best recourse is the Police.
One word of caution , the "seller" has your name and address. Proceed with care!

I would not recommend you make a test purchase to get the address, if it goes to court the seller could then claim that the first transaction must have been good as you made a second purchase.

Easy - just get someone else to do it .

Am I missing something here? The whole point of the thread is , you spent £120 on goods which you did not receive. You now want to "buy" something for less , in the hope of getting a return address . If the guy is a scammer , he obviously does not send anything to anyone. Given the highly probable link that he is the person convicted for violence over £10 , I would think your best recourse is the Police.
One word of caution , the "seller" has your name and address. Proceed with care!

The seller is still active on ebay and receiving postive feedback, which suggests to me he is only scamming people who send funds outside if ebay. I have a another call planned with trading standards next thursday so that will lay foundation on how we proceed.

Then if you buy something properly through eBay , would you not get the return address ?

As before , get someone else to make the small purchase , or use another account

Case closed. TS spoke with PayPal who refunded me the full amount as a gesture of goodwill. TS are liaising with the local TS to pass on details for their investigations and monitoring. Thanks for everyone's input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom