Invisible idiots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Club Veteran
Car
Not always
After a mild start to the week , I awoke to a frozen up car and foggy conditions on the drive to work .

Visibility never really dropped below 100m , although got close to it a couple of times , so I was content to drive with normal dipped headlamps and did not feel the need for front or rear fog lamps ; at the same time I had no issues with those who decided to use them - the split was probably about 50:50 between those on normal lighting and those on fog lamps . Since traffic was moving steadily but relatively slowly , separation distances were much less than the limits of visibility , hence my choice .

The drivers I did have an issue with however , and I counted no fewer than three of them , were the morons I saw driving with no lights at all !

This was at around 08:30 when daylight was just starting to filter through the fog , and really lights ought to have been used even without the fog .

To compound matters , one was a black car and the other two were grey . All of them were , of course , in the right hand lane going faster than me , and they disappeared into the fog alarmingly quickly .

Someone should take them out of their cars and make them watch themselves drive by , then thump their heads off their bonnets .

They probably have auto headlights and have forgotten to turn them on manually. I have to admit it has caught me out once in the past, no excuse I know but I can see how it happens.

I could understand that in daylight fog , but it was still dark with just the beginnings of daylight starting to appear .

I had the opposite - in good daylight with some fog where visibility was at least 500m or more - fog light city.

I can see your car without even your lights on - putting on a fog light just dazzles people and serves no purpose.

It will be 3 months before these people turn them off again.

They'll keep taking the thicko mints!

Loved the Jag XF I was following on the A42 yesterday, rear fog came on then he accelerated to 85mph - if it's clear enough to go that fast.........

I was driving in Lincolnshire yesterday. Fairly thick fog.

Many many people on side lights or no lights. I'd like these people to be instantly banned.

The fog-lights I can cope with providing it's not raining, although as STSC it amuses me to see people switch em on and then go charging down lane 3.

Have to agree with you David, I went from Nottingham to Spalding & I saw the same as you, people with no lights or just side light doing 70+ mph in as you say thick'ish fog, down the A1!! Just asking for trouble if you ask me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom