iPad upgrade problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
just done the latest upgrade to iPad and now it’s refusing to recognise the mail server. I have changed nothing, of course, and a check on the settings suggests they are all correct.

Any ideas please?

Is it iCloud, POP or IMAP mail server?

If POP, check that, under Settings | Accounts & Passwords | Advanced the incoming port is 995, and the authentication is set to Password, and Use SSL is enabled.
For smtp server, check that, port is set to 587, and SSL is also enabled.

Security settings have been tightened, so if previous settings were using non-encrypted ports, you might have been prevented access.

Which iPad, and which version of iOS did you update to?

Then as above, are you using the built in mail app, and also which mail service are you connecting to?

iPad Air md786 upgraded to 11.2.5 as far as I can determine.

It was set at 993 but has been changed to 995, ‘Password’ is set and SSL enabled.

Using iPad app? ( don’t know...to stoopid) BT Internet mail.

Still refusing server???

iPad Air md786 upgraded to 11.2.5 as far as I can determine.

It was set at 993 but has been changed to 995, ‘Password’ is set and SSL enabled.

Using iPad app? ( don’t know...to stoopid) BT Internet mail.

Still refusing server???

start again following this step by step? It should configure the settings automatically apparently
How to set up BT email on your iPad

I have had this before in fact on a few occasions.

I had to visit BT mail and rest the password.

After that delete your email account and then set it up again with the new password.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having same problem on mine updated to 11.2.5 but still not reading e mail Sky is server

Can read e mail by logging on to sky then selecting e mail

Not working with app as above but sky not bt, can you advise please

Might revert to pc and windows 10, that is not going to happen if you read my posts on other forum!:mad:

just done the latest upgrade to iPad and now it’s refusing to recognise the mail server. I have changed nothing, of course, and a check on the settings suggests they are all correct.
Your iOS upgrade is just coincidence: there's currently a problem with BT Yahoo email. According to the BT Service Status page posted at 13:20 today
BT Yahoo Mail issues

Estimated time to resolve: Ongoing

We still have problems stopping some customers logging into their BT Yahoo email by an app or client. We're working with Yahoo! to get this fixed asap. There are no issues with webmail so you can still access your emails by going to www.bt.com/email
FWIW, I have two iPads, two iPhones and Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 PC that can't currently can't access emails!

I need to look into IMAP settings - I never use it, as I have a serious dislike of the idea, other than for throwaway accounts, so all my private domains are on pop3.

Ah, just read what Phil posted above, so you might be alright, once BT sorts out their stuff ...

Sorted all of the above so many thanks for the help.

Next!

Currently having to operate the iPad via a ‘tether’ to my phone. No probs except that if the iPad is left untouched for more than (say) a few minutes the tether drops out and has to be reset. I can understand that being a built-in safety feature but is there any way to extend that dormant period to maybe 10mins?

Thanks.

Next!

Currently having to operate the iPad via a ‘tether’ to my phone. No probs except that if the iPad is left untouched for more than (say) a few minutes the tether drops out and has to be reset. I can understand that being a built-in safety feature but is there any way to extend that dormant period to maybe 10mins?

Thanks.

Derek

I believe that you can do so in Network Connection Settings? I may have made that up or dreamt it.

FYI: It is also a money saving feature to stop the unwary racking up mahoosive bills by not realising that they were still connected to some application/outside world.

Sounds plausible Bruce but can’t find the required page in Settings. Anyone who’s got an iPad Air know where to look pls?

Next!

Thanks.

Hey Derek

I've been doing some experimenting with my iPhone running IOS 11.2.6 and my iPad Air, running IOS 11.2

It behaves the same as yours, although I've noticed that it appears to only drop the connection a short while after the iPad auto locks.

I increased the autolock period (under display and brightness) to ten minutes and it stayed live for the full ten minutes - even though I wasn't using it, and then dropped the connection shortly after the screen went dark. The auto lock can be increased to 15 mins, or set to stay live forever (or until battery dies) - same as yours I guess.

Hopefully this will give you what you need, although battery will obviously suffer.

Let me know how you get on. If it doesn't work, I'll take a more in depth look - unless other folks here have solved this previously?

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Just reset it to 10mins. I’ll let you know if that works. Good find sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom