iPE Valve-tronic exhaust installed today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisA

MB Enthusiast
Car
CL 63 Biturbo 2014 - S63L 2010 - CLS Weistec MSL Monster (RIP)
A great day, long time coming, for me up at Stan's Auto services in South Shields with the installation of the iPE System designed usually for Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, C63's and a few other exotic cars. This meant a little jiggery pokery with cutting and welding to make it fit my car but the guys managed without fuss and the results are really impressive. Valves closed a quiet, stealth like rumble but then open the valves (by small remote control) and all hell breaks loose :devil:

On the long journey back from Newcastle down to the Nottingham GTG the sound was excellent with the valves open. so many thumbs up from many different on the road users and only a couple of miserable frowns (Mondeo drivers!)

Great work by the guys and one very happy enthusiast :thumb:

https://plus.google.com/113463658935923365919/posts/P2A2291WvDM?pid=6128113671212732738&oid=113463658935923365919

Sounds wicked Chris, love how you hear the Supercharger clearly with the valves closed and then it sounds like a beast with the valves open.......

Was mine sat there looking all sad with no TCU fitted lol

Nottingham GTG??? How did I miss that?

Great news on the IPE.........

Jules

I was following Chris with Ac and Dave and for a moment I though Ac has selected reverse !!! :DWhat a monster !!! Sounds very good too! :thumb:

What a great sound with the valves open:thumb:

It sounds pretty quiet with them closed......................not that you close the valves much I assume:D

Nice Chris, the IPE system is the best out there in my opinion. My exhaust work is not going to get done before VMAX unfortunetly, I will look on the bright side and say at least i still have more work to do for the future.

Was mine sat there looking all sad with no TCU fitted lol

I didn't notice your car there Lee. There was some sort of shell up on a ramp which I can only assume was once something similar to a Trabant 601 it looked that bad :eek:

Have you checked your Tracker System? :crazy:

:D

After speaking to Paul at Eurocharged I was thinking of getting one of these:

MERCEDES-BENZ W204 AMG C63 Valvetronic Exhaust System - Fi-Exhaust

Apparently it's more than just open and closed, it has several parameters that it looks at and optimises valve position accordingly.

They're made in Taiwan the same as iPE and are as good a quality.

Why do none of these guys offer options for the R230?

Why do none of these guys offer options for the R230?
The iPE is specifically for the C63. As my car is a CLS and Stan's car is an S63 they had to be modified to fit due to longer pipes required, box space different set up etc so with a decent Garage with some know how and the right equipment, they can be fabricated to fit.:)

I was thinking it wouldn't be that difficult to modify to fit. Good to know you guys are doing it. I assume you are still running some kind of sports cats and just bypassing the muffler. As I am doing straight pipe cat back I guess I will not really have need for it unless I want less noise, but who would want that:dk:

Sounds amazing on open!

Did the system include new back boxes or are they original / non-OEM?

Sounds amazing on open!

Did the system include new back boxes or are they original / non-OEM?

The valves are in, or very near the back boxes, you can see them on this picture:

Attachments

• c63_4.jpg
    c63_4.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Pretty much spot on Paul, valves are on the edge of the iPE boxes.
With the S63, there was a lot of extra pipe fabrication. Plenty of bends and welds.
For my CLS, 2 extra 3" pipes approx 30cm in length were added for a perfect fitment.
The back boxes were placed opposite sides to the C63 (right one on left side, and left one on the right) and also rotated 180deg (spun) to allow for the exhaust tips to fit my rear diffuser. Cracking job and the Motorway drivers certainly knew I was there (valves open) but my neighbours didn't hear me parking up at my house (valves closed)
Best of both worlds and many more "Smiles per Gallon" :)

I didn't notice your car there Lee. There was some sort of shell up on a ramp which I can only assume was once something similar to a Trabant 601 it looked that bad :eek:

Have you checked your Tracker System? :crazy:

:D

Ha ha Stan said he had a few mods up his sleeve that I may not like. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom