Ipod kit - installed, but working correctly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Blue

Car
C180K Avantgarde SE
Hello all,

I have had the proper Mercedes Ipod kit installed by a local auto electrician to my Audio 20 on a '55 plate W203. All is working well with my brand new 16Gb Ipod Nano, and I can skip tracks from the steering wheel, and see the track info on the instrument cluser. However, all my song flies are just in one long list, navigation is a chore only being able to skip tracks from the steering wheel. I am new to Ipods, so is this something I've not done - I keep heading about 'playlists', but would this enable me to have my music collection, and then my wife to have hers on the same Ipod?

The installer also didn't think that the unit needed to be encoded on the Star machine for the steering wheel controls, but the telephone buttons don't do anything with the Ipod active. Should they? If the unit is encoded, what would they do, skip albums?

Thanks all, and sorry for the long post!

Sorry to be a pain, but changing playlists is covered in the user guide.

STAR programming to accommodate the ipod interface should not be necessary.

What might be necessary (and was in my case) is a line amplifier to boost the interfaces audio level to match that output by the radio, cd etc.

Hello all,

I have had the proper Mercedes Ipod kit installed by a local auto electrician to my Audio 20 on a '55 plate W203. All is working well with my brand new 16Gb Ipod Nano, and I can skip tracks from the steering wheel, and see the track info on the instrument cluser. However, all my song flies are just in one long list, navigation is a chore only being able to skip tracks from the steering wheel. I am new to Ipods, so is this something I've not done - I keep heading about 'playlists', but would this enable me to have my music collection, and then my wife to have hers on the same Ipod?

The installer also didn't think that the unit needed to be encoded on the Star machine for the steering wheel controls, but the telephone buttons don't do anything with the Ipod active. Should they? If the unit is encoded, what would they do, skip albums?

Thanks all, and sorry for the long post!

Unless your car has phone pre-wire already installed, the phone buttons will need to be enabled via STAR. This will allow you to skip between playlists/albums/artists etc.

Thanks Alfie, as a consistent lurker, I thought that was how it was supposed to work. I would have loved to have given you the business, but I live too far away, thank you once again for your help. I'll get back to the installer, he says he knows someone at the local Merc garage....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom