Is anyone looking for a brand new unregistered C63 AMG?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have not told the dealer yet as I was hoping the situation righted itself which it may still do but its just not fair to let it go on any longer so I have set myself a time limit of the end of this month to inform them.

The car is due to be delivered at the end of November so if anyone is genuinely interested please let me know and I will pass on the dealers details and inform them.

You might not want to sit on this - did you see the thread from someone else who was expecting a C63 at the end of November and it's already arrived at the dealership?

I've read in these forums that some dealers (in the South?) won't even honour the MB finance discount as they say they can sell every C63 they can get at list - so the dealer may not be too worried by your cancellation. Doubt they'll admit that though.

You might not want to sit on this - did you see the thread from someone else who was expecting a C63 at the end of November and it's already arrived at the dealership?

I've read in these forums that some dealers (in the South?) won't even honour the MB finance discount as they say they can sell every C63 they can get at list - so the dealer may not be too worried by your cancellation. Doubt they'll admit that though.

This is agree with. I understood that one dealership in Central London was losing sales as they couldn't get any more slots in time for delivery this year.

Thank you. Educate me though: Why is this still on the paperwork sent out if it is in fact rubbish?

I've no idea what you're talking about. If you cancel an order under DSR then you don't pay anything, so where does the £100+VAT come from?

I've no idea what you're talking about. If you cancel an order under DSR then you don't pay anything, so where does the £100+VAT come from?

It came from the paperwork which I have got in front of me right now. There are five clauses: Cancellation, Return of Vehicle, Mileage and condition, Refund and Complaints.

Return of Vehicle is where the £100+VAT is specified.

However, earlier in the contract, there is a clause where they do get to keep the deposit.

These seem contradictory to me, hence my questions.

Sorry to hear that you are going to have to pull out of this car, but on the bright side may be you can get one of the facelift ones when they are released.

Could it worth putting and advert in the Sunday Times or posting on PistonHeads to find a buyer.

I have my paperwork filed away as it's a while since I bought the car now, but I don't remember any cancellation clause which favoured the buyer unless due to some delay or change on the sellers part.

I'm quite sure you can't just cancel it without bloody good reason - not fit for purpose, etc. Walking away because you 'feel like it' or 'can't afford it' etc - that's not sufficent reason.

I'm quite sure you can't just cancel it without bloody good reason - not fit for purpose, etc. Walking away because you 'feel like it' or 'can't afford it' etc - that's not sufficent reason.

If it's on finance (as the OP's car would have been) then presumeably the sale must be conditional on finance acceptance and *I think* that's only finalised when the car is delivered.

Especially at the moment, many people's circumstances must be taking a turn for the worse - if you lost your job, then you couldn't possibly proceed.

I don't think the deposit issue is completely clear. Some say the dealer can keep it, and can seek additional costs if they have to sell the car at a discount. Yet in another forum, a salesman from a large dealer group said their legal advice was they couldn't keep customers' deposits. I think there's also an issue of balance in the contract - as mbenz76 alludes - the contract is tipped heavily in favour of the seller, and that can be considered to be an "unfair" contract.

Thanks again for responses and advice. I am not really expecting to get the deposit back and hopefully I will be continuing with taking delivery of the car.
If it is a problem to extracate myself from the deal I will have to take it on the chin and sell it privatley, in fact I may do this regardless.

Thanks again for responses and advice. I am not really expecting to get the deposit back and hopefully I will be continuing with taking delivery of the car.
If it is a problem to extracate myself from the deal I will have to take it on the chin and sell it privatley, in fact I may do this regardless.
I would cancel the deal and expect to lose the grand.
If you take the car on and then try and sell it private, you will lose a bit more than the aforementioned £1k....

I would cancel the deal and expect to lose the grand.
If you take the car on and then try and sell it private, you will lose a bit more than the aforementioned £1k....

Agree. Loss is capped at £1k if you cancel. It could be more or (less) if you take the risk. Is it worth the stress and financing costs?

I am reading this thread with incedulity. I am not particularly aware of any special circumstances regarding the C63 but surely the general rules of car purchasing still apply? These would be:

The chances of finding somebody to take your build slot (thus protecting your deposit return) are very low unless you offer an incentive to this person in the way of a (further) discount. Why else would somebody take on a car to another person's spec? The incentive would undoubtedly have to be greater than £1000.

If you take the car and have to sell it subsequently (even with "delivery miles" on the clock) your loss on that sale will make the £1000 deposit look like small change from the back of the sofa.

Every day that this deal remains on the dealer's books and the car build date gets nearer makes it less likely that the dealer will help extracate you from this deal at no - or little - loss. Dealers mostly close their books at the end of a month and they don't like to lose a sale on the last day of the month. If you speak to them today you are giving them 9 days and - crucially - 2 weekends to pass on your build slot. If you leave it till the end of the month they are more likely to keep your deposit.

Most of your plans seems to be geared around increasing your exposure, not minimising it. Just speak to the dealer and, if they want to keep the deposit, try to get it held on account for a future purchase.

At the end of the day, if you can afford a C63 you can afford to lose £1000 (though I am not saying you deserve to lose it). But why risk losing more?

Good luck.

You need to be very careful, there are still contract hire deals out there on C63's that make financing look seriously expensive even with the big discount for using MB Finance.

Take the grand on the chin and walk away.

You need to be very careful, there are still contract hire deals out there on C63's that make financing look seriously expensive even with the big discount for using MB Finance.

Take the grand on the chin and walk away.

The finance deal I have in place started as equal to the best lease deal I could find. I used these as a bargaining tool. I then added extras.
For instance nationwide quoted around 757 with just command and 19s, FVL similar and prestige car leasing the same.
Lease rates have actually increased and now nationwide are starting at over 800 infact I specced a car with everything I have but minus the PPP as it was not listed and it came out at 1283/mth over 2 yrs I will be paying 986/mth with the flexibility of not being tied into a lease and a GFV of 35k in two yrs.
Ignoring base spec cars gizze what rates have you seen recently that are comparable?

The finance deal I have in place started as equal to the best lease deal I could find. I used these as a bargaining tool. I then added extras.
For instance nationwide quoted around 757 with just command and 19s, FVL similar and prestige car leasing the same.
Lease rates have actually increased and now nationwide are starting at over 800 infact I specced a car with everything I have but minus the PPP as it was not listed and it came out at 1283/mth over 2 yrs I will be paying 986/mth with the flexibility of not being tied into a lease and a GFV of 35k in two yrs.
Ignoring base spec cars gizze what rates have you seen recently that are comparable?

I thought you wanted out but you are talking like somebody who is going ahead with the purchase. What does it matter what rate you have secured??:dk:

Looks to me like you will soon be walking around with a C63 firmly tucked between your cheeks. That should give you a swagger.:D

Mate of mine has just take one on a 3x36 at £560+vat with nothing other than comand, adding anything else pushed it through the roof. However, this is what most people will be comparing it with, hence my 'take the grand hit and walk'.

Just called him to make sure that was right, in the end he put down £3000 and paid £505+vat a month and has it for 2 years.

That was with a company called Applied Leasing and was for 10k miles a year, 15k miles a year was £610+vat.

Just called him to make sure that was right, in the end he put down £3000 and paid £505+vat a month and has it for 2 years.

That was with a company called Applied Leasing and was for 10k miles a year, 15k miles a year was £610+vat.

That is pretty amazing are you sure its not 6 + 23?

£986 month 24 months= £23684 Plus you then either pay £35k? or walk away? what deposit just the 1K ?

or

£505 plus vat (£593) * 24 £14230 plus £3000 = £17230 and walk away

Second deal athough a 'basic' car compared to yours sounds much better? However £1000 a month for a C class you never actual own does sound an awful lot to me :(

Second hand prices are already in the high £30K, 'new' models seem to come out quicker and quicker now which cannot help either. I think its ring the dealer time and cut your loss. £1000 is nothing on the above scheme of things.

Just as a side note, I was in the same position as you some time ago - about 8 years ago.

I had ordered a very highly specified CLK230K Coupe - (W208 series), and then had a phone call from a dealer in Germany who I used to import cars from, telling me that he had a very high spec CLK320 Cab for sale, would I like it ?

The price on the import was very good, so I went for it.

I told the dealer I'd ordered the UK car from that I wanted to cancel the order, and I understood I would forfit the £1000 deposit. He wasn't happy, but had no choice. I'd been up front with him and told him the whole story.

You won't be the only one who's ever cancelled an order, or who's lost the £1k deposit.

As others have said - call them, let them know, and do it soon. I hope your dealer doesn't read this forum as well - they might be annoyed you failed to tell them sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom