Is my dealer lying to me?!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamo1

Car
Audi A5 Black Edition
So I put my order in for a new C63 S Coupe at the beginning of last week via the broker Drive The Deal and I'm dealing with Inchcape of Oxford corporate sales. My car specification included for everything along with the Designo Selenite Magno paint and all of the carbon fibre inside and out.

The dealer came back to me yesterday saying that They can get me a build slot of Late October with the car ready for late November, however if I have the paint I've chosen and the carbon fibre then they have no idea when I will get my car because MB are having issues with the paint manufacturer and they can't get some of the carbon fibre parts / fixings for both packs 1 and 2 and I'm waiting to see if the same applies for the internal trim

Do you think this is genuine or is this the dealer singing me a merry dance?! Could it possibly be something to do with the upcoming refresh? However I'm not sure if the Coupe will be refreshed straight away or follow on later after the saloon.

I so want the car as quick as possible, but It was the paint that I was looking forward to seeing on the car the most. Seriously torn in just waiting it out to see what happens or getting delivery of a car asap!

Any advice or thoughts on this would be really appreciated

They're definitely being truthful. I tried to order one in that colour yesterday for the showroom and the system rejected the order. Availability of that colour is always low, but they should be able to get you something not too long after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're definitely being truthful. I tried to order one in that colour yesterday for the showroom and the system rejected the order. Availability of that colour is always low, but they should be able to get you something not too long after

Well that's good to know. Just disappointed about the carbon fibre too.

When you say not long after are we talking weeks or months or don't know

Cheers, Mark

Well that's good to know. Just disappointed about the carbon fibre too.

When you say not long after are we talking weeks or months or don't know

Cheers, Mark

As long as they place the order as soon as November allocation comes through, they should be ok. It will be because existing October orders will have already taken up availability of those options. I'll have a look when I get back into work tomorrow and see what the system says

As long as they place the order as soon as November allocation comes through, they should be ok. It will be because existing October orders will have already taken up availability of those options. I'll have a look when I get back into work tomorrow and see what the system says

That would be great if you could do that. I really appreciate it :thumb:

That would be great if you could do that. I really appreciate it :thumb:

No problem! Dealers get an vehicle ordering bulletin which outlines the option availability for each order and also how long options will be an issue for.

I guess this is one issue with dealing with a dealer you don't know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom