Is there a definitive answer? (S211 E320 CDI SPORT and 17" wheels content)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flying banana

Car
‘18 AMG GTS Premium - Selenite Grey, '99 Lotus Elise S1 111s - Mustard Pearl
I'm picking up an S211 E320cdi sport Estate at the weekend and will need to get a second set of wheels for winter tyres before mid February (driving down to Italy for a week skiing).

The car is fitted with (according to the data card) Sports Styling, Sports Suspension and Sport brakes, and is on staggered 18x8.5(F) and 18x9(R) twin 10 spokes right now.

Question is - will S211 avant-garde spec 17x8 twin 5 spokes go over the brakes? Everything else looks good - 1/4" more wheelarch clearance front and 1/2" more wheelarch clearance on the rear with the standard et38 offsets on the 17" wheels.

Obviously I'll choose tyre profiles to maintain the current rolling radius, it's just the question of brake clearance on the 17" wheel I'm unsure of. With £200 difference between a set of 17" and 18" winter tyres it's a question worth asking.

Sorry if this has been covered before - I did do a quick search but nothing came back....

Cheers in advance :thumb:

Tony

My 211 has airmatic (so has 'sport' AND elegance etc type suspension) plus 320cdi lump, so Im guessing the 'biggest' brakes this side of AMG stuff. 16" wheels fit.

Thanks folks, much appreciated :) :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom