Is this a good idea and is it feasible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Giantvanman

MB Enthusiast
Car
FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
I find myself searching around for meanings of the various terms that those in the know use regularly. (those in the know=everyone except me, normally)

Would it be useful to have a Sticky or a Reference section where these things could be accessed?

For example, chassis/model codes, engine & gearbox codes, paint codes, model years, acronyms and maybe even a list of option codes etc etc.

I realise it would be a major undertaking to get it up and running and although I would use this facility regularly, I don't know if anyone else would find it useful.

What do we think?

--------

I'd find it useful, Giantvanman. Still not sure what rolled arches are all about :eek:

I'd find it useful, Giantvanman. Still not sure what rolled arches are all about :eek:

To lose the inner lip so wider wheels/tyres don't rub.

Clearly this idea doesn't have legs so I'll say thank to all who looked in.

I think it is a good idea.

We should start a thread and members can contribute.

I think it's a good idea too. If a thread is started to act as a collection point, I'd suggest that a Mod tidies it up periodically so that a good concise reference thread results.

I only put some basic ideas out as suggestions; does anyone have any ideas of what could usefully be included in a Reference section?

I think this would be a good idea too.

One thing I would also consider useful, if it doesn't already exist on mbclub, would be a 'model encyclopedia'. For example, I have a W220, so if there was a 'one stop shop' where I could learn all about this model, I would find this incredibly useful.

There's an American forum which has a W220 encyclopedia, iirc, so at the least we could maybe simply create a page that links to an existing quality resource and then build upon it? I don't know what others think?

Isn't the idea of a forum for people to ask what they want help on after performing a preliminary search?

In an ideal world, probably yes.

However, the existence of FAQs shows that it's useful to collate answers to questions that get asked frequently.

And this still leaves the door open for questions to be asked. Just my 2 cents worth.

In an ideal world, probably yes.

However, the existence of FAQs shows that it's useful to collate answers to questions that get asked frequently.

And this still leaves the door open for questions to be asked. Just my 2 cents worth.

Maybe the forum could have a computer controlled search.

Press 1 for engine, 2 for wheels, 3 for bodywork...

Answers could be by linguatronic...with an Indian accent.

No members needed then... :)

What, and put Dieselman Consulting (TM) out of business? No way! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom