Is this a record ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScottBacon

Car
F80 M3 Yas Marina Blue
Not best pleased gents.

I went to the dealer yesterday to get a 'whirring' noise investigated that was coming from the front wheel area. I thought it was a bearing or something but was advised that my front tyres were nearly illegal. So I went to the local formula one tyre place tonight only to be advised that the rears were down to 2mm also :doh:

Now, to my question of "is this a record". I have covered only 4800 miles since having my previous brand new tyres put on !! They were Conti's and were only fitted Oct 18th last year !!

I'm trying Michelin PSS this time !!! Gutted :crazy:

Pleased to hear you are driving the car as it's meant to be driven ;):devil:

C63, 4,800 miles, and the rear tyres still have full TWO MILLIMETRES of rubber on them??? Yes it is probably a record. :D

Regularly checked then ? ;)

Four wheel alignment needed, and NOT at Mercedes.

Tyre pressures and tread wear!!

This could be a big factor actually. I have run with 5psi less in my tyres since day 1 because I find the ride too hard using the manufacturers recommended pressures. Maybe I'll try and get used to the hard ride now :D

At least you can put Conti's back on the list now.

Didn't Clarkson go through 3 sets in an hour or something crazy?!

Are you still running the oversize tyres too?

Are you still running the oversize tyres too?

No, have got std tyres on all corners. I am however having 265's on the rear rather than 255's when the new ones are fitted on Monday :thumb:

Perhaps the excessive wear was due to the

'Quality control Quaife LSD testing'. :crazy:

Just normal Scott,
I had 2 new ones put on the rear.....drove home and got a nail in the front, when I took it off the inside edge was completely scrubbed off (looked fine from outside)!!!! Checked the other side and exactly the same.
4 new tyres all the way round and a few quid lighter in the pocket.

Ouch.

Lee, have you gone for wider tyres on the rear? If I recall correctly OEM size is 255?

Wow that mileage especially for the fronts is crazy.

I don't drive slow at all, but I don't track and I don't care much for powersliding.

But I got 7k from the rears and the fronts are still fine 11k in. I expect to get 15k from the fronts.

Ouch.

Lee, have you gone for wider tyres on the rear? If I recall correctly OEM size is 255?

Still standard at the moment, but I will definitely be going for 265 when I replace the rears, just to try and get more traction.:crazy:

Nothing to be proud of. If you're shredding your tyres so quickly you are obviously driving very aggressively. I hope you don't run my kids over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom