Is this a scam?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Sold a mobile on eBay, buyer took his time paying & as it looked suspicious i relisted the mobile. Day later i received payment through Paypal, so i went to cancel the relisting only to see that it has been bought but not paid for by same address but different member! see attachment. :dk:

Last edited:
I contacted ebay and was told if the payment has reached paypal it should be ok :eek:

Alarm bells are ringing. I recently tried to buy a batch from a seller totalling £800 and in the process of trying to get to the bottom of how the delivery would be arranged for another £100, it dawned on me that we were on the 5th/6th email exchange and they still hadn't published their address, phone number or phoned me; I asked three times for them to call me.

Decision made; not worth the risk. No more emails sent, ordered from elsewhere (at greater cost I may add) because some things just aren't worth the risk.

Your buyer; country work around ploy AND different names. Cancellation wholly justified for the latter alone and that would be the response to any negative feedback. Just goes to show how lax and uninterested Ebay are; they are 'monitoring'.

Have a laugh. Wait until the 2nd payment is received then send the phone off. As you'll have proof of postage & receipt from the same address boyo going to have fun proving he hadn't received!

image-1192745622.jpg

Attachments

• image-965326966.jpg
    image-965326966.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Am I missing something here or is it early in the day? How does the scam work?

They make the payment through a stolen card.The money will be there for a day or two but it'll be taken back once some poor sod finds out his money has gone

Major alarm bells.

I sold 250 copies of myb book to a bookstore in Gambia who asked for them to be delivered to that very dropshipping company.

I personally delivered the box of books to Slough ( I live in Uxbridge so was easy), only to be told a few weeks later that the dropshipping company "never received them".

M

Last edited:
If in doubt just cancel everything and start again. It's not worth it.

Have a laugh. Wait until the 2nd payment is received then send the phone off. As you'll have proof of postage & receipt from the same address boyo going to have fun proving he hadn't received!

Paypal will just reverse it, refund both and ask for bank transfer, with paypal it's not like you can see any of the CC info, so when in doubt refund.

Cheers all, think i will hang on to the mobile & see what happens.

I think the scam is they receive the goods them claim they didn't.
You may get your money back, but I guess they get the goods anyway.

I would avoid selling anything to that part of the world without cash in hand.

Major alarm bells.

I sold 250 copies of myb book to a bookstore in Gambia who asked for them to be delivered to that very dropshipping company.

I personally delivered the box of books to Slough ( I live in Uxbridge so was easy), only to be told a few weeks later that the dropshipping company "never received them".

M

Also worth noting that the end buyer (a bookstore) claims they never got their books, which I believe. That shipment was "special" as every second book was signed by myself or my co-author, and oddly, a few weeks later on amazon there was a raft of signed books available...

M.

I used to work in the shipping business in West Africa, and sorry to say that if is scam is worth trying, someone over there will have tried it. We even had people bringing a member of the Police force along to support a blatantly fake Bill of Lading.

Just goes to show how lax and uninterested Ebay are; they are 'monitoring'...

...the massive amount of cash coming in.

Odd how they have no incentive to stop it isn't it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom