Is this bulb just a standard one not a Xenon? W211 / S211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

My father noticed one of my head lamp bulbs is a different colour to the other?

I thought the outer lights were the Xenon light bit seems the inner ones are?

Is this just a standard H7 bulb and is it an easy swap?

No lights on dash as bulb not blown just different colour?

Thanks

15d33e40.jpg

right
0cd3123f.jpg

left
037a1194.jpg

It is the Xenon burner going South.

Has that car had repaired damage to the front o/s?

Yes mine did this too. It's the bulb on its way out. Get a new bulb that's all you need.

^ My dad owned this since new, then me for the last 2 years neither of us have 'bumped it'

:)

Thanks I will look at £$£$ of burner?

Just been onto my Indy and they think its the bulb?

Bulbs around £100 plus £20 fit.

However is this bulb a D2R bulb?

I'm at work now and do not have my handbook.

Car is a 2003 E320cdi

Thanks

When a Xenon bulb failed on my car, I bought a couple off ebay for about £20and fitted it myself......no more difficult than fitting a normal bulb. No need to pay a fortune for Xenon bulb.

As X332 says. Get your bulbs of ebay I bought a pair for 25 quid 18 months ago no issues. Fitted them in five minutes.

^ great stuff I did search the 'bay'

Are they these D2R bulbs? fitment type

Also are they easy enough to fit without removing parts?

Thanks

Might be a D2S......you need to check. Try a search or look at something like this.

For confirmation of the type of bulb fitted, you could take out the existing for comparison...the type of bulb should be on the base.

In the case of my car, a CLK, it was very easy to replace the bulb....a bit fiddly but no more difficult than any other car I have owned.

You may wish to change both burners - the colour changes with age, so if you only fit one, it'll probably be a different colour to the other. That being said, it does appear that the car has had a new one fitted to the offside at some time. I think the type is D2R - check the car's manual. Only thing to watch when you change them is to ensure they've been at 'off' for 10 minutes or more and that no-one is going to touch the light switch while you're doing it.

It's a d2s bulb.

OK, looking around I can get a pair for £20 or then they also range upwards to £60 or £70 each?

Will I notice any difference between the cheap ones?

I am looking at a pair, and don't want blue lights, so 4300 max?

HID D2S Bulbs | D2S 35W - xenons4u.co.uk

£14 a pair or £38 each will I know?

thanks

We will, when you come back in a couple of weeks to note that the cheapo burners flickered then failed.

Your call, but if it were my money, I'd fit-and-forget Philips or Osram first time round. And yes, 4300K.

^ thats great, I don't want to be changing them again if its a pain.

These are the original and almost 10years old so have done well :)

As Troon says, go for osram or the Philips. I put Phillips in mine and the ones I took out were Philips too. Don't put cheap crap in.

Hi,
I bought a pair off of E-bay for less than £20 delivered (4300k), and as with you I only needed the one, replaced just the one, not a lot of difference at all in colour, but the next day I decided I would replace the other. That was nearly two years ago now and no issues whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom